Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a quote from a well known company (...lite) to replace my Honda Insight 2012 windshield, $550.- including tax, they come to me (mobile service), takes 1-2 hours.

The size of the windshield is comparable to a Prius windshield.

I would have replaced it a while ago before doing vehicle inspection. I can't pass and uber drive at the moment because of a large crack (about 3.5") and I also don't want the entire windshield to crackle while I'm driving a highway.

Is that a reasonable price?

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
I got a quote from a well known company (...lite) to replace my Honda Insight 2012 windshield, $550.- including tax, they come to me (mobile service), takes 1-2 hours.

I would have replaced it a while before doing vehicle inspection. I can't pass and uber drive at the moment because of a large crack (about 3.5") and I also don't want the entire windshield to crackle while I'm driving a highway.

NO!

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts
Depends if you got stuff like wiper sensors and stuff for the rearview mirror radar for collision and stuff I think

·
Registered
63 Posts
Please do not pay $550! I got my windshield replaced last year for $200-$250 (I forget). It was from Quality Auto Glass on Aurora. Give them a call and see what they quote you. my windshield looks great, and they got it done in an hour or so.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please do not pay $550! I got my windshield replaced last year for $200-$250 (I forget). It was from Quality Auto Glass on Aurora. Give them a call and see what they quote you. my windshield looks great, and they got it done in an hour or so.
Hey Thank you, I'll give them a call!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After calling around I went with Quality Auto Glass on Aurora $255 + tax. Getting it done tomorrow.

MS Glass wanted $288 + tax.

Fletcher Auto answers as a locksmith company ...

Matt's Greenwood Auto Care put me on hold ...

MS Glass Outlet
155 NW 85th St, Seattle, WA 98117
(206) 444-5555
https://goo.gl/maps/pku54KzNKt42
Cool! Thanks!

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
After calling around I went with Quality Auto Glass on Aurora $255 + tax. Getting it done tomorrow.

MS Glass wanted $288 + tax.

Fletcher Auto answers as a locksmith company ...

Matt's Greenwood Auto Care put me on hold ...

Cool! Thanks!
Nice Job! pays to shop around. When I heard $550 for aftermarket, I was like WHAT !!!

·
Premium Member
11,146 Posts

I would have replaced it a while ago before doing vehicle inspection. I can't pass and uber drive at the moment because of a large crack (about 3.5") and I also don't want the entire windshield to crackle while I'm driving a highway.

Don't go anywhere near Safelite. I had a small (3mm) rock chip in my windshield. I phoned a few windshield repair guys who all said to me "don't go anywhere near Safelite; they will F up the repair". Well, I didn't listen. Result - Safelite made the rock chip worse / bigger and the chip now has spider cracks coming out of it into the surrounding glass.

I think the problem with Safelite is that they are growing so fast they are hiring any Tom, Díck or Harry to do the work and they don't know what they are doing.

BTW, $500 for a windshield is ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts