Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
12,715 Posts
Apparently taxi cab drivers are having a hay day with it too. I've had drivers tell me the taxi cab drivers are yelling things as they pick up passengers at hotels downtown. I haven't had many passengers say anything. The few that have, asked my thoughts on it and what the drivers in general think about it. Luckily I haven't had any snarky comments but I am totally with you. That would get annoying as hell

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have had a few pax say this "so what really happened with that shooting? I'm sure you have some insider knowledge" lol yeah us Uber Drivers are connected to know exactly what happened. Only one person that's alive knows what happened
I've only had 3 or 4 people talk about it since but it's still kinda ridiculous they would think we'd have some inside knowledge about what happened

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
guns, religion, politics, I will 1 star you, I don't care. I signed in briefly on Friday for 90 minutes, had an Uber pax going from CC to Boulder, nice girl. She asked about it, I said I don't watch the news, so I have no clue, I really don't pay attention. She then started rambling about how guns should be outlawed, that people should be required by law to turn them in, etc. etc., etc., typical Boulder liberal. When she asked my thoughts, I told her I didn't have an opinion. $30 fare. I wished her well, decided to sign off and go home. Gave her a 1 star as a result.

·
Registered
633 Posts
guns, religion, politics, I will 1 star you, I don't care. I signed in briefly on Friday for 90 minutes, had an Uber pax going from CC to Boulder, nice girl. She asked about it, I said I don't watch the news, so I have no clue, I really don't pay attention. She then started rambling about how guns should be outlawed, that people should be required by law to turn them in, etc. etc., etc., typical Boulder liberal. When she asked my thoughts, I told her I didn't have an opinion. $30 fare. I wished her well, decided to sign off and go home. Gave her a 1 star as a result.
Fricken gross I can't stand people like that . Boulder in general upsets me , I had a couple I drove Boulder to DIA a few weeks ago who were trying to convince me on having my wife do a "Natural Acupuncture Birth" lol good lord people

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
All of this is why i love pax who ask me nothing and just bury their faces in their phones.

Leave me alone and let me drive. Its too easy to get me chatty and i may miss your exit. I haaaate it when i do that..... i much prefer to listen to tunes and drive, keeping vigilance for that random debree in the road or asshat who lane changes without looking.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had several riders comment. I usually just say, "we'll never know what happened", and repeat the Uber policy that no one is supposed to have a gun in the car.

And then there were the two moms who were going out for the evening. Their small kids had heard the news, knew that their mommies were Ubering to downtown, and were terrified. One mommy told her son, "look, she's a very nice lady" as the child was clinging to her and sobbing outside my car. <sighs>

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
If you joke about me shooting you - you get 1 star.
That's usually when I joke back by saying "why, are you gonna shoot me? That would be such a coincidence that 2 homicidal maniacs would be in the same Uber together."

All jokes aside, your solution probably has better results

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.