Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I couldn't keep picking up people upwards of 5 miles away in a major city when I was sitting dead center of a 2.0x surge zone because nobody was requesting rides there. See how this all works now?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have been cherry picking for a year now....won't burn out my car for Ubers' sake. Maybe if more drivers join us we will see much more surge and clients will have to pay "real rates" instead of this dirt cheap crap.
They need to ditch the surge scam and raise the base rate to a fair amount. Many of my riders were willing to pay more.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I couldn't keep picking up people upwards of 5 miles away in a major city when I was sitting dead center of a 2.0x surge zone because nobody was requesting rides there. See how this all works now?
like tipping..
Uber put notification of the end of the surge in the app. So they can wait the surge out and their phone will tell them the surge is over.

*uc&king the driver at every turn uber is.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You're service is not that valuable. Uber users want cheap rides. And that's exactly what Uber"partners" provide.
Yup. Uber riders could pay more now. They could tip or order a xl,black,suv what ever..

after all, we can all make 500 dollars a day. all we have to do is turn on the app. 5500 bucks a week if we just turn the app on every day!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have been cherry picking for a year now....won't burn out my car for Ubers' sake. Maybe if more drivers join us we will see much more surge and clients will have to pay "real rates" instead of this dirt cheap crap.
yes. EVERYONE needs to have a little patience and cherry pick the **** out of the calls they run. then and only then will you get enough surge to make up the difference frok the rate cuts, when enough drivers get on board with cherry picking/ACRO.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I see no profit in this business so now I will be cherry picking all calls any calls under $30 I will not take free you guys are not cherry-picking I consider you guys losers
Keep letting Uber technology screw you up
Whats your technique for cherry picking. Do you now call the customer and confirm the location and then where they are going?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I see no profit in this business so now I will be cherry picking all calls any calls under $30 I will not take free you guys are not cherry-picking I consider you guys losers
How to cherry pick? I've been accepting rides and never show up lol. It's time for these ungrateful ******** to see how it feels to wait and wait and ****in wait!! If it's surging or prime time I'll pick it up....maybe

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm a newbie here. How exactly do you cherry pick your calls if you don't know where they're going until they get in your car? Do you call or text them for their destination first?

·
Banned
919 Posts
I'm a newbie here. How exactly do you cherry pick your calls if you don't know where they're going until they get in your car? Do you call or text them for their destination first?
Call or text. I cherry pick which way they go and not fare total. While we hate the cheap fare, that is probably something that Uber frowns on and might be a real reason to can you. Other shit they do to us is BS. If it is a long way to pick up, just ACRO or call and ask. Sometimes the rider understands that going 4 miles for a 2 mile ride isn't profitable at all. When you do these rides and Pax doesn't tip, 3 or 4 stars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Call or text. I cherry pick which way they go and not fare total. While we hate the cheap fare, that is probably something that Uber frowns on and might be a real reason to can you. Other shit they do to us is BS. If it is a long way to pick up, just ACRO or call and ask. Sometimes the rider understands that going 4 miles for a 2 mile ride isn't profitable at all. When you do these rides and Pax doesn't tip, 3 or 4 stars.
Thanks, ocbob2. Makes sense. One more question please. I don't see a phone number when I accept the ride. Just the name and their pick up location. Where do I look to find their phone number? I always thought it was supposed to show up with the rider's name.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
They need to ditch the surge scam and raise the base rate to a fair amount. Many of my riders were willing to pay more.
yes many i talked to were ok with 1.40 1.50 a mile if it meant better drivers, more professional. uber riders have reported a decrease in car quality and driver. i eplained $1 a mile short rides we work at a loss and without surge a good driver will leave or work much less.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you cherry pick and cancel calls Uber will deactivate
yeah i cherry pick a little but you cant do too much , i mix it up cancels and skips, now i just sort of go offline for a bit pop back up in a surge. i have been warned once.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yes many i talked to were ok with 1.40 1.50 a mile if it meant better drivers, more professional. uber riders have reported a decrease in car quality and driver. i eplained $1 a mile short rides we work at a loss and without surge a good driver will leave or work much less.
Even in areas like South Loop in Chicago a guy told me he's willing to pay more because cabs are scarce there. A 1/2 mile from downtown?

·
Banned
919 Posts
Thanks, ocbob2. Makes sense. One more question please. I don't see a phone number when I accept the ride. Just the name and their pick up location. Where do I look to find their phone number? I always thought it was supposed to show up with the rider's name.
When you accept the ride, the waybill will be in the top right hand corner. Click on that and you will see how to contact rider. You will have to go back to Uber screen to get back to starting the ride, though. Remember that the # will be always the same for you and your pax. It never changes unless you re-download the app (and sometimes that doesn't do it). If you get a creep calling you, that is when you want to switch #s so ask Uber about that. Don't leave your real phone # on your outgoing message either as they can write that down if you do not answer your phone. If you keep texting the same info, keep it in your text memo box so you just go to that and attach that file to your text. Makes it easy and safer when driving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts