Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friends don’t let friends take 183 to DFW from downtown. I-30 to Bush north is the optimal route (or 35 to 635 for those passenger that say they have plenty of time). 5 more miles with minimal time difference. This is how the UBer rideshare experience should work. It's good for the Community.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Friends don't let friends take 183 to DFW from downtown. I-30 to Bush north is the optimal route (or 35 to 635 for those passenger that say they have plenty of time). 5 more miles with minimal time difference. This is how the UBer rideshare experience should work. It's good for the Community.
Your route is fantastic, just tell them u can't risk passing through the 114/ 183 split there are often bad accidents and freeway construction and closures. You are just making sure they don't miss their flight. The price quoted is the price they will pay and you are actually helping them with a safer more reliable route and are doing them a favor at a higher cost to u.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I may get a demotion on my annual performance review, but I'm determined to try Dwtn to DFW via 75/635.....
I've done it. Both ways. on surge & boost.
Talk to your pax & quickly find out if they are familiar with the highways :p

Reactions: Cary Grant

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Does Uber have an annual performance review?
Yup. When we see the booking fee is changing with the caveat that this will not affect our per trip earnings. Performance review complete, we have deemed that you are all idiots and will continue to drive while we raise the rates and not give drivers diddly.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I've taken the Dallas North Tollway out of downtown or Uptown, to 635, to DFW. The first time, it was a bit of an accident, I had the nav volume turned down, and just screwed up, but the pax were from out of town, talked among themselves the whole way. I don't think they noticed, or cared. They tipped.

Waze sometimes routes me out of downtown to I-30 to get to DFW. Some locals that live downtown actually suggest that route, because they think it's faster.

I sometimes quickly check alternative routes on Waze. If two routes are about the same time, but one is more miles, I pick the longer mileage trip. Nobody has ever complained about that. The few times I've had complaints about navigation, it wasn't on a long trip. It's the ones going from Uptown to Deep Ellum, or from Knox/Henderson to Lower Greenville, as if one could actually screw that up. People who whine like a female canine over routes on those trips earn their 1-star.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts