Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gone are the days a friday would earn a decent amount now its like you can barely cross 100 alone 50 starting in the burbs and hoping someone goes to dc and the filter is hit or miss so seems likes its time to throw in the towel

·
Registered
604 Posts
Gone are the days a friday would earn a decent amount now its like you can barely cross 100 alone 50 starting in the burbs and hoping someone goes to dc and the filter is hit or miss so seems likes its time to throw in the towel
In D.C. its hard just to make $50...not worthwhile. The most I have made in D.C. was $72.00

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Now you just need a plan, and you have to max out the metal status. Man, it can be done. I made nearly $300 bones today. It is do-able.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Now you just need a plan, and you have to max out the metal status. Man, it can be done. I made nearly $300 bones today. It is do-able.
I tell you! The naysayers around here some times can really have you believing you can't make money. We'll folks it just ain't so. You can make good money any day of the week if you know what you're doing. In simple terms, drive where other drivers are not.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I made $250 yesterday. You just need to work between like 7am and 7pm. After 7, every Uber driver and their mom comes out and the drunks come out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I noticed that the last two Fridays I would only get one ping per hour after 11:00pm or midnight. I was sitting in Adams Morgan while all kinds of other Ubers were getting passengers and I fell asleep. So I went home. (Guaranteed 2.0X fare...if we let you have one!)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just plan your strategy, and you will see that is possible. There are gaps between surging or non-stop pings but you need to figure it out. Keep driving.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just plan your strategy, and you will see that is possible. There are gaps between surging or non-stop pings but you need to figure it out. Keep driving.
I'm usually pretty good. I was at it almost all day so it was better that I went home. Didn't really want to drive around hoping I would get pings. If I started later in the day I probably would've. I got up at 4:30am to be set for the 7am guarantees and the early morning surges.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy to say that im not on metal program even after 50+ rides one week its bs with uber since my coworker has silver and hasnt done a trip in weeks!!!

·
Premium Member
24,048 Posts
Easy to say that im not on metal program even after 50+ rides one week its bs with uber since my coworker has silver and hasnt done a trip in weeks!!!
Try emailing Rohit and the Bangalore Mafia™ & ask to be put on incentives. It's worth a try.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
I don't even have Baltimore's crappy zones and did ok. Started at 7am once I dropped the kids off at school, hit 2 trips (1 on a 2.4x from up near Loch Raven to JH), then the app crashed everything. I headed toward home and pulled into a gas station. Got the app fixed and back online. Got a hit out in the JH outpatient near Falls Road and Joppa. That woman was very nice and hoping I'd do her trip since another uber told her no. She was headed to McLean, VA. $98 by 10am.

I had to go offline since didn't look like hubs could pick up the kids. So took a couple hours off. Around 1pm he was clear and heading to get the kids, I went back online and ran people from the burbs into the game and Maroon 5, along with the going out crowd. Home by 10pm.

Total time online: 8 hr 45 minutes. 13 trips, $205.

Never touched the airport and waved at DC as I went by.

Now Saturday ended up with a lot of short crisp, so it was 22 trips for $225 in 13 hrs. And that's when I ended up in freaking Capitol Heights.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I tell you! The naysayers around here some times can really have you believing you can't make money. We'll folks it just ain't so. You can make good money any day of the week if you know what you're doing. In simple terms, drive where other drivers are not.
SHHHH, yeah, driving sucks, y'all should give it up. Don't drive on Fridays or Saturdays. Spread the word. Don't drive ever, I like surges. Everyone should drive the morning rush hour and grind during the day...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Exactly! Go where others aren't is the moral to the story. Don't be afraid to venture out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts