Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been in Lake County since 6 pm. So far, no surge. Too many drivers out I guess. I was so happy first week of June when we finally started getting surge...now with all the newbies out there....it's gone again.:oops:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here is a reason, he even tried getting in a one way street. How did this car get through the Uber inspection ? I mean, my car has some damages from city driving - scratches, dents and what not, but this is too much. 2001-2002 Mazda 3. Is this a car you do business with ?

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
The city is eventually going to catch on to the rust buckets that don't meet code. Lotta money to be made on those fines and impoundment, I'm surprised it's taken them this long to realize it.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Just caught a 3.3 from South Loop to Wicker Park. There was a concert (smashing pumpkins) at northerly Island.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Here is a reason, he even tried getting in a one way street. How did this car get through the Uber inspection ? I mean, my car has some damages from city driving - scratches, dents and what not, but this is too much. 2001-2002 Mazda 3. Is this a car you do business with ?
UberHooptie is back in Chicago. I've seen them all over again like around Thanksgiving 2014. Yesterday I saw a 2-door Pontiac G6 that had seen better days too. But what do they expect at those rates?

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
---------The city is eventually going to catch on to the rust buckets that don't meet code.

there is no "code" to meet. you're golden as long as you have your decal, MEPA print-out, drivers license and pass the initial inspection (have some life in the pads, tread in the tires, you're car turns over, no cracks in the glass).

and don't drive more than 10 hours a day.

lots of turnover means Uber lowers the bar which means lots of cars on the road even with turnover which means little surge even on a friday.

and this will keep going until uber/lyft end the referral bonuses for noobs.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
---------The city is eventually going to catch on to the rust buckets that don't meet code.

there is no "code" to meet. you're golden as long as you have your decal, MEPA print-out, drivers license and pass the initial inspection (have some life in the pads, tread in the tires, you're car turns over, no cracks in the glass).

and don't drive more than 10 hours a day.

lots of turnover means Uber lowers the bar which means lots of cars on the road even with turnover which means little surge even on a friday.

and this will keep going until uber/lyft end the referral bonuses for noobs.
....and raises the rates.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
APP update eliminated all colors and surge. Please fix or we will not drive for long. Dominos hiring?
Uber in San Fran is aware of non surge issue happening in some markets. Dallas market no surge as well since implemented rate cuts implemented. No eta when it will be fixed. Drivers in Dallas just stopped driving last night around midnight. Heard pax were wondering around without rides.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last night around midnight....surge finally appeared....at 1.3x! :( It would have HAD to go to AT LEAST 1.5x before I would even THINK about heading out again. Then, surge went DOWN....to 1.2x! LOL :p:D:rolleyes: Hilarious!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hopefully riders write in and complain. Get a picture of the license plate next time.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Last night around midnight....surge finally appeared....at 1.3x! :( It would have HAD to go to AT LEAST 1.5x before I would even THINK about heading out again. Then, surge went DOWN....to 1.2x! LOL :p:D:rolleyes: Hilarious!
History repeats itself. Surges use to be in quarter point fractions. Most typical surges were 1.75x to 2.75x, and often being 2.5x-3.5x. Then it went to the decimal point system. Most typical were 1.5x to 1.8x, with the frequent 2.1x or above. Now surges are mostly 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4x.

Some time from now you will remember fondly 1.2x and 1.3x surges. By then they will usually be 1.01x to 1.05x. And since that will still be in red, the then newbies will get all excited with that "surge".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts