Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went home at 11pm. Worked 11 hours yesterday for a grand total of $56. Worst day ever, and I've been driving for 3 months now...even my tried and true honey holes yielded very little. With no surge I just didn't see how it would be worth dealing with the drunks at 2am.

Did any work the bar closings last night. How did it go?

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I went home at 11pm. Worked 11 hours yesterday for a grand total of $56. Worst day ever, and I've been driving for 3 months now...even my tried and true honey holes yielded very little. With no surge I just didn't see how it would be worth dealing with the drunks at 2am.

I was thinking the same without surge I will have less tolerance for the drunks signed out at 10 pm.that was to late really cause I don't even want to see one at .85 cent a mile

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was watching the rider app at 2:00am and it was either No UberX Available or a car would pop up and show ETA 10+ minutes then disappear.

If you work bar close with no surge, you risk being 10 or 15 minutes away from the pax because their ping happened to catch your car as the only one online in the area at that moment. You also risk driving 15 minutes to pick up a $2 minimum fare and possibly four drunk, angry people blaming you for taking so long to get there.

There is no word for putting up with that but insanity.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

$56 in 11 hours ! So you gonna drive again:eek:!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did about 9 hours and $125. It was ok. I don't like the drunks with the surge. I signed off around 1.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honestly I don't really watch my miles. I do this part time and just like to have a couple hundred extra bucks a week.

My first ride took me from irving to duncanville. Somehow I actually got a ride back to irving from duncanville. Then irving to dfw. Then I had some other stuff.

Actually I took my last ride at 148.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly I don't really watch my miles. I do this part time and just like to have a couple hundred extra bucks a week.

My first ride took me from irving to duncanville. Somehow I actually got a ride back to irving from duncanville. Then irving to dfw. Then I had some other stuff.

Yeah, if you catch several long rides you can do pretty well. I typically stay in the burbs during the week, but come into town on the weekends for the surge business. I typically drive Select, and

·
Registered
501 Posts

Good job on the Irving to Duncanville and back. If you don't keep track of your miles, you can't deduct them at tax time. Uber will report your gross earnings to the IRS and you'll be liable for 25% of that gross in unpaid taxes.

Uber is ok as a part time gig but please do treat this as a business and track your expenses.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I was watching the rider app at 2:00am and it was either No UberX Available or a car would pop up and show ETA 10+ minutes then disappear.

If you work bar close with no surge, you risk being 10 or 15 minutes away from the pax because their ping happened to catch your car as the only one online in the area at that moment. You also risk driving 15 minutes to pick up a $2 minimum fare and possibly four drunk, angry people blaming you for taking so long to get there.

I'm good I'm not driving that time off surge.there a pain in the ass on surge pricing

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Good job on the Irving to Duncanville and back. If you don't keep track of your miles, you can't deduct them at tax time. Uber will report your gross earnings to the IRS and you'll be liable for 25% of that gross in unpaid taxes.

Uber is ok as a part time gig but please do treat this as a business and track your expenses.

you can do gas car wash keep all you recieipts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts

As reported in a another drivers group Uber is aware surge is not working on drivers or pax app. This is not the only market it is not working in. Their is no ETA when this will be fixed. Many drivers in Dallas just stopped driving between 1:00 am & 2:00 am. Pax wondering around with phones in hand no drivers & long ETA. Don't think they will have it fixed by tonight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As reported in a another drivers group Uber is aware surge is not working on drivers or pax app. This is not the only market it is not working in. Their is no ETA when this will be fixed. Many drivers in Dallas just stopped driving between 1:00 am & 2:00 am. Pax wondering around with phones in hand no drivers & long ETA. Don't think they will have it fixed by tonight.
I saw this when I was roaming the forums last night after a (lyft) drop uptown. I wonder if they actually think drivers will take this "I'll tell you where we're going, don't worry about putting it in your GPS", "bro I am so high right now" (that one happened last night!) and the rest of the stories without a surge NATIONALLY.

Personally I don't care if you're high.....or trashed....or if you want to take a nap. I care that I wanna turn on my GPS because then I can avoid the traffic, and avoid the construction and get you home ASAP (especially if you're a 2am cuz I probably won't get another ping)

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts

Unless one has another business activity for deductions, the best bet won't be keeping receipts for auto expenses, but the Standard Mileage Deduction. Uncle Sugar asks for two things: Do you have a record of those miles? And, is that record IN WRITING?

I capitalized those last words for a reason.

I've seen standard mileage deductions being disallowed within the last year for someone using a computer record. The IRS isn't stupid. They know you can make up computer records, and the people who are likely to do that can't afford to defend a disqualified deduction in court. On the other hand, a HAND WRITTEN mileage log passes audit and court scrutiny virtually every single time.

I use a pocket calender. Leave it in the car. Write down the miles on your odometer every single day you get in the car and use it for business miles (like Uber). Just that one entry is enough.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/New...-Now-Available;-Business-Rate-to-Rise-in-2015

·
Registered
501 Posts
you can do gas car wash keep all you recieipts
Not unless you can prove you use the car 100% for business only. Most people Uber on the side with a personal car they already own, in which case you'd need a mileage log anyway to prove what percent of use is for business. Only that business % of gas and repairs is deductible.

It's easier and you usually get a better deduction if you use the standard mileage rate (57.5 cents per business mile).

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
That's why I received a text to hit the road at 2AM while I was asleep. Come on guys drive Uber with .85/M, It's worth it coz pax love to rate our ass and Uber love to decrease the rate and **** the driver.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I'd rather sit home and empty my DVR of recorded programming and eating pizza than drive drunks at these rates. We'll see if Lyft can give me a better deal next week.
How good is lyft prime time at 2am never driven that time for lyft always uber

1 - 20 of 29 Posts