Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a guy ask for a ride at 2:30 am and said he would just pay me cash. His phone died and was just going back to campus. I get there guy exits and mysteriously has no money. I think to myself "you idiot why would u trust someone" but at the same time I think he was stuck and needed help. He seemed sincere but surprised he had no cash on him. I go home thinking never again. This morning I start driving and notice a wallet in my backseat. The guy actually was not trying to stiff me, he just was so drunk he left his wallet. Ironically, he has $15 cash in their plus credit cards and I D. I am trying to contact him. May just leave wallet at school lost and found or the bar he was at. I got my $15 bucks after all. Just now a funny sound is coming from under my seat. Another passenger left his phone last night. I answered and I am heading to a meeting place. Just another Friday night in the world of UBER. Wonder if those robotic cars will return lost items?

·
Banned
919 Posts
Meeting place? I hope it is close to your home. Did you work out a deal to get compensated if you actually do find his phone? I am now never sure if I will find the phone but I bet I will find it easier if a cash payment is paid upfront. Don't do anything that makes you go out of your way. I had one go by my office to get his phone. No tip but I at least gave no effort.

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's why I never ever accept street hails and have never even felt the temptation to accept one. I have no assurance he won't run without paying. I've had multiple pax say they'll tip and never do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts