Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Since when did Friday mornings become the worst surge mornings. This is insane. Last Friday same thing. Is it all the base fare ants? The holiday weekend? Uber suppressing surge? Man you gotta push it hard in this gig when it's going good. Cause all of a sudden, Friday's become surgeless.
I would assume a little bit of all those things.

·
Banned
3,663 Posts
Isn't Memorial Day weekend a stay at home drink beer a stuff yourself on burgers and hotdogs kind of holiday?

Lower your expectations folks.
Sounds like 4th of July to me.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Since when did Friday mornings become the worst surge mornings. This is insane. Last Friday same thing. Is it all the base fare ants? The holiday weekend? Uber suppressing surge? Man you gotta push it hard in this gig when it's going good. Cause all of a sudden, Friday's become surgeless.
Been like this for the past month. Guess the rate increase effected the pax.
The cheap got cheaper

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like it's going to be another AWESOME NO SURGE Friday? Who ARE all these people out driving? ?? 8 cars on every block at 7AM on a Friday morning. No boosts, no surges. Just base fares. On a Friday!! Come on! This is ridiculous!

·
Registered
162 Posts
1.8 boost are what I stick around for in the early am and then I go home. Rat race in LA is not worth the trouble. The valley is ok during am as most people have left for central la and the west side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fuber is offering boost as a means of suppressing surge. Sadly, it's working.
What are you talking about? Boosts? Where? When? Oh that 1.1 boost on West side? That all the ants are swallowing up? Uber doesn't need boosts, and they don't need anymore incentives... anywhere! They've got their million Loyol ant army going stronger than ever doing $2.62 rides over and over all day long. WHAT IS WRONG W THESE PEOPLE?? This new army is officially the dumbest breed of ants to date.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really have to drive when people don’t want to drive. Also surprisingly driving in the hood (south central) pays well at night when everyone is getting carpool - ends up averaging 30-35 an hour.

Just can’t be a ***** who is afraid of POC

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thank goodness I overslept. I would have been highly triggered by a surgeless Friday morning and took the rest of the day off. Might he a little surge from 12-3 off and on but then the weekend warriors come out and the 1 dollar hookers start at 3 so the commuter surge will be screwed. Oh lax will surge off and on but unless you are a upper platform or know some tricks which could possibly get you deactivated from lax, good luck getting anything over 1.6.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts