Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,085 Posts
You mean you have to drive 30 miles to make more than a few dollars? Either your definition of a few dollars is way different than mine or you live in the worst market in the country.

Based on what I've seen it's pretty much that way in most places, including mine.

I don't have to drive 30 miles but I do have to travel long distances and/or time-consuming trips in order to get more than a few dollars.

Before gas prices became sky-high I focused almost exclusively on how many minutes a delivery would take to complete roundtrip. But now with the sky-high gas prices I also have to keep an eye on fuel consumption as well. I'm now less likely to accept long distance deliveries unless the payouts are high enough to cover the increased fuel costs.

·
Premium Member
8,085 Posts
Glad I didn't try working last nite. Been declining orders over 5 hours, nothing over a few dollars unless 30 miles.

99.999% fast food, redcard or shop and pay.

Got a few decent offers on GH that would have been a solid hour of driving.

At least my ratings are perfect.

View attachment 657716
What's the contract violation for?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the contract violation for?
Said I was late again instead of 25 minutes early.

When I say 30 miles that 15 each way, since you don't get rides back from the hood.

And they wont give doubles to the ghetto in case you get shot or robbed at the first dropoff.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
Glad I didn't try working last nite. Been declining orders over 5 hours, nothing over a few dollars unless 30 miles.

99.999% fast food, redcard or shop and pay.

Got a few decent offers on GH that would have been a solid hour of driving.

At least my ratings are perfect.

View attachment 657716
I do only some fast food. Taco bell and McDonalds, is actually ok here. They fill in between larger paying orders.

Wendy's, Booger King, Sonic, Poopeye's, etc.... though....not a chance. : )

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mcd has gotten better, but the payouts are so low.

I actually looked at all the offers today before declining, and unfortunately all fast food offers were just as badly paying as usual, which is why I autodecline.

The good offers were just too far, which I would normally do with a hybrid but not during rush hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts