Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don’t Get any feedback for a thumbs down for the last 300 orders every thumbs I get down has not give me any kind of feedback so I’m thinking the thumbs down is due to someone complaining to get a free meal but also not being discriminated to the driver I like if I did anything wrong let me know I feel like if I did my job right why I get thumbs down

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Your post is a run-on sentence of the worst kind. Just keep doing your best to get the food there in a timely manner. Don't worry about your rating unless you get deactivated. If you get deactivated that quickly then you weren't doing a very good job. You have no idea why you got bad ratings. You assumed it's people trying to get free food. But there could be something in your process. Are you really sure you are leaving it at the correct address? I got better at that and my rating went from the 94-95 to the 98-99 range. I didn't get deactivated at either so who gives a shit.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Most thumb downs are due to double deliveries or long wait at restaurant. Most customers are so dumb that they blame drivers for anything either restaurant makes mistake with or they think they might have ordered 2 of something and have received one. I have 700 deliveries with 8 thumbs down one with comment as unprofessional because I called customer as her door number was not mentioned in the app.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Your post is a run-on sentence of the worst kind. Just keep doing your best to get the food there in a timely manner. Don't worry about your rating unless you get deactivated. If you get deactivated that quickly then you weren't doing a very good job. You have no idea why you got bad ratings. You assumed it's people trying to get free food. But there could be something in your process. Are you really sure you are leaving it at the correct address? I got better at that and my rating went from the 94-95 to the 98-99 range. I didn't get deactivated at either so who gives a shit.
I think drivers often get dinged for things beyond our control: poorly packaged food, order missing items, traffic delays, unclear delivery instructions, etc. I do my best to deliver orders quickly and competently, yet I nevertheless get the occasional thumbs down rating. I was at 99% rating a few weeks back, but as of yesterday, I’m at 98%.
And I have done nothing wrong as far as I can tell. I suspect that it’s simply easier for a person to vent his/her frustrations about some aspect of an order to the delivery person instead of at the restaurant or simply to no one at all — traffic jams are a part of life, so are restaurants that package food poorly or UberEats Apps that force drivers to deliver stacked orders in a particular way — ways that may piss off a customer who ends up being the last to receive his/her food.

Just yesterday I had to cancel an order that I made to the Double Tree Hotel because the recipient failed to include her room number: the note simply said “Meet at door” but since I didn’t know which door that was, that created a problem. I asked the front desk if they could help me, but they said that without the person’s last name, they couldn’t look up that particular guest. I tried calling Uber support but after about 4-5 minutes of wait time, I hung up. I continued to mill around the hotel lobby for several minutes in the hopes that said customer would come down and/or notice me with my delivery bag. But nope! (Also, I was not able to directly reach the customer because the Uber app was malfunctioning and not allowing me to send messages or make calls — so I was pretty much stuck!)

I eventually decided to leave and ended up reaching Uber support finally and explained that I had cancelled the order for the above-stated reasons. No problem.
But all this hassle was because the customer failed to provide sufficient delivery info. And I suspect it’s these types of customers who often get pissed off when deliveries go badly and subsequently leave negative ratings for the drivers. It’s comical how many people fail to provide basic address or delivery information for their orders.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Most thumb downs are due to double deliveries or long wait at restaurant. Most customers are so dumb that they blame drivers for anything either restaurant makes mistake with or they think they might have ordered 2 of something and have received one. I have 700 deliveries with 8 thumbs down one with comment as unprofessional because I called customer as her door number was not mentioned in the app.
Customers can be very fickle, unfortunately. Many of them are great, of course, but there exists a small subset of people who will leave bad ratings for the smallest thing.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I think most thumbs down I have no idea why I got a thumbs down. I've had a couple from being frustrated and probably not being the most professional as I could be (not enough info, customer not answering the phone yada yada.) I got one last week because it said the food was damaged. Still have no idea which order it was. Nor do I care particularly as it knocked me from 99% to 98%. For a long time I hovered in the 95% range. Not sure what changed. I think I have gotten a little better at verifying addresses and being nice even if the customer is not being respectful of my time. I got a thumbs down from a Merchant once because they still had their restroom closed due to covid (there are still some in CA with closed restrooms. Why I have no idea). Most every other Starbucks in town has their restrooms open but this one still did not. Whatever. Considering the money I have been making delivering food the mild frustrations of the job are more than worth it. Every job got something you won't like.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
If you are getting the correct food to the correct address and using an insulated bag or cooler and doing so in an efficient and safe manner, you are doing everything sufficiently. I take
[I]rideshareapphero[/I]'s approach and not deal with cheap customers. Those are the ones that have the highest expectations for their 50 cent tip and the most likely to be deceitful to get a refund.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts