Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie,
Last night, after 3 of the 4 guys exited my car (at the paid destination), the fourth said his house was just a little further...didn't realize it was over 3 miles away until we arrived. How do I handle a situation like that?
Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Registered
52 Posts
You could have taken him, and not ended the trip till he was dropped off. I do multiple stops. Just don't swipe the complete trip tab till you car us empty. Happy Ubering

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am a newbie as well. But, what I have read is that once you arrive at the first destination you have the person who ordered the ride change the address to the 2nd destination. Therefore the "meter" is still running so to speak. Seasoned drivers please correct me if this is wrong. I read it on rideshare blog. I also believe there is a way to contact uber and advise them of the mishap to get paid for those extra 3 miles. I mean, there's things in place if a driver forgets to start or end the trip. So there should be wiggle room to adjust the charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks UberMike and TecJay!

Do you know for sure if the original rider needs to enter the 2nd or 3rd destinations, or can I just not swipe finish until the last destination for multiple drop offs, even if the later addresses aren't entered?

I went ahead and took him to his destination (I didn't want to make an issue). But for the future, what should I do?
Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
UberMike29 has plenty of experience to back up his advice. I think since you are going to have to call Uber customer service anyway.....Ask them what they prefer you do in a situation like that. Besides, leaving someone stranded. LOL. But if you prefer not to call, then go with what has been proven to work -> UberMike's experience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
While searching for another topic I came across this topic on Uber Help site.

MAKING MULTIPLE STOPS ON A TRIP
Trip fare is determined in part the route's total time and distance. When a stop is made during a trip, this waiting time is included in the fare. Any distance traveled to additional stops prior to the rider's final destination will also be included.

When riders ask you to make a stop on the way to their final destination, let the trip continue. Swipe COMPLETE TRIP only after riders exit your vehicle at their final destination.

Please note that if you're on a flat rate trip, additional time and distance are not added to your fare. If you took multiple stops on a flat rate trip, please go back and select Fare adjustment: flat rate trip included stops

Thanks, good luck to you as well!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
You can always request a fare adjustment but I have found the easiest way to prevent this is by not ending the trip until all of the riders are out and the doors shut.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a guy I pick up about once a week. He has me take him to get his mail at UPS, and then drop him off at Walgreens, or the mall, etc.
I don't end the trip until his final destination. He also tips well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts