Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So maybe someone else on here has dealt with this…
When I started driving for Uber I never put any way to cash out in my wallet. I had a goal in mind and I was just going to let it sit there until I hit it. Finally, I hit the goal this weekend and went to go add a card to transfer my funds. It asked for a photo verification and I was still in my car so I snagged a quick photo and the lighting was off so it rejected it. Took another one and it accepted so I went to add a card
“Editing banking information unavailable” then started receiving texts of sus activity. No activity was on my app beyond my own runs.

I called CS a million times which obviously is Bull shit. Ran through their Twitter like a mad woman of course still getting typical copy paste response over and over again.
Finally had someone let me know Saturday night that it was escalated to risk investigations. Complete garbage that you can’t talk to anyone beyond a glorified secretary known as a costumer support rep.
Has anyone dealt with this and can give me a time frame? This happened late Friday night it’s now 2 am Wednesday morning. It’ll more worried than anything that money will just be gone and I’m pretty unhinged over it

·
12,750 Posts
When is the last time you tried cashing out? I know it one time they implemented a 72-hour hold anytime you made a change to your banking information. If at any point you tried to cash out during that 72 hours, it restarted the whole 72-hour hold. So I would count out 72 hours from the last Cash Out attempt and try again. Worst case scenario is it'll go in direct deposit weekly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly I’ve never cashed out. I never even added any bank or card to cash out back when i started driving since I was saving money for something and I thought the smartest thing to do would be to just let it sit there so I didn’t touch it.
Very wrong thought of my brain to have apparently 🤣

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Sadly I’ve never cashed out. I never even added any bank or card to cash out back when i started driving since I was saving money for something and I thought the smartest thing to do would be to just let it sit there so I didn’t touch it.
Yea I dont trust this company as far
as I could throw an elephant
You may need to goto a greenlight hub
in your city to get the payment details set up
Dont be giving out any information
if you get a funny looking call
even if it looks like it's coming from uber
Just cancel it
(no verification codes or uber VIP riders)
Theres a bunch of scammers out there that will
steal your account away and drain your money

·
12,750 Posts
But once you input your bank information, did you try cashing out at that point?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no maybe I didn’t clarify,
When I went to input my banking info it wouldn’t allow me to for banking or card. I was met with an error for both reading “error: editing banking information is not available at this time” so never made it that far. Hope that makes better sense.

·
12,750 Posts
Oh no maybe I didn’t clarify,
When I went to input my banking info it wouldn’t allow me to for banking or card. I was met with an error for both reading “error: editing banking information is not available at this time” so never made it that far. Hope that makes better sense.
Ah ha . . . gotcha. I assume you attempted this via the app? Have you tried the website? I don't even know the website address anymore to be honest. Maybe www.help.uber.com? Sometimes you are able to complete things on the website that you are not able to do in the app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts