Uber Drivers Forum banner

FREE CAR IS COSTING MORE IN LA

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  UberLaLa 
#1 ·
Starting Monday EXPRESS DRIVE will increase the minimum fares for car discount as follows: From 90% and 70 rides to new amount of 90% and 90 rides for mid size cars. 90% and 75 rides for compacts. About 3 additional rides per day but more than 50% from the inception (60 rides) of last summer.

#6 ·
It is a program to put non-owner drivers on the road. Both Lyft and Fuber realize that the pool to recruit new drivers is drying up. Lyft has the partnership with Hertz and GM, I believe FUBER is GM and Enterprise. You can keep car out up to 28 days, NO MAINTENANCE on the drivers part. If you don't make the minimum rides money comes out of your pocket, must do at least 20 rides and be on line 14 hours to stay on program even if don't hit the minimum rides bonuses; they don't want to rent cars for $200 per week with no money in on their side. $180 rental plus $23.00 sales tax equates to $2.00 booking fee times 90 rides, if you do 90 rides they are collecting commission from each ride. IN SIMPLE ENGLISH THEY ARE TRANSITIONING INTO BECOMING A TAXI COMPANY.

#12 ·
It is a program to put non-owner drivers on the road. Both Lyft and Fuber realize that the pool to recruit new drivers is drying up. Lyft has the partnership with Hertz and GM, I believe FUBER is GM and Enterprise. You can keep car out up to 28 days, NO MAINTENANCE on the drivers part. If you don't make the minimum rides money comes out of your pocket, must do at least 20 rides and be on line 14 hours to stay on program even if don't hit the minimum rides bonuses; they don't want to rent cars for $200 per week with no money in on their side. $180 rental plus $23.00 sales tax equates to $2.00 booking fee times 90 rides, if you do 90 rides they are collecting commission from each ride. IN SIMPLE ENGLISH THEY ARE TRANSITIONING INTO BECOMING A TAXI COMPANY.
Oh. I was doing something similar with Enterprise. I had to complete 75 rides at 90 percent acceptance rate in core la, north of the airport, southbay didn't count, and they would pay for the rental. However, they ended it in January.

I was holding on to the rental just incase they would bring it back again in March or April.

When did the express drive start?

You're right about the taxi thing. They probably make more money from all these car leases and rentals than they do the rides. Uber love to get money from us in every way they can lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.