Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Don't bother reporting.

Shuffle and collect.
Shuffle and report.

On Lyft, I call in and report as I'm waiting for the no-show timer to run down. About half of the time I get the safety rep to bonus me $5 on the phone, then I get the $5 for the no-show. One time, I got a $20 discretionary bonus from the rep because I had a string of minors and toddlers with no car seats.

·
Premium Member
12,144 Posts
Shuffle and report.

On Lyft, I call in and report as I'm waiting for the no-show timer to run down. About half of the time I get the safety rep to bonus me $5 on the phone, then I get the $5 for the no-show. One time, I got a $20 discretionary bonus from the rep because I had a string of minors and toddlers with no car seats.
I've never heard of a discretionary bonus before!! I wonder if Uber does that too?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I ask them, they usually say 18/19. I don't ask for ID.
I'm not even concerned who liable I am really, I asked and they answered. If they have a U/L account in their name? I don't give a damn. That's U/L problem.
Yeah, me too, just give a ride, I don't mind.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I've never heard of a discretionary bonus before!! I wonder if Uber does that too?
I doubt it. I think that Lyft reps have more latitude to do things like that than Uber reps. I'm always polite and appreciative to the Lyft support reps when I call in-- they probably hate even Lyft more than we do.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
I ask them, they usually say 18/19. I don't ask for ID.
I'm not even concerned who liable I am really, I asked and they answered. If they have a U/L account in their name? I don't give a damn. That's U/L problem.
Until something happens, then you'll find out its your problem

·
Registered
507 Posts
Had the same minor ping me 5 times in a row when I refused to to transport him. I had called the account holder when I arrive and didn't see anyone standing at the entrance. The account holder said they didn't have a Lyft account. I minor came up to take the ride and I asked him the name of the account and he told me the name on the account. Then I asked how old and he said 16. I told him the ride was being cancelled due to his age and the phone call to the account said no one had a Lyft account at that number. He tired 5 more times to get a ride and I got all the pings as I was still in the area. I reported all to Lyft. But pretty sure they were busy working on their next text message about service animals.

Until something happens, then you'll find out its your problem
No, it's not a U/L problem. In Ohio and other states, its against the law to transport unaccompanied minors and it's your responsibility to ask them for ID if you're not sure. If you are stopped for any reason, or involved in an accident, you will be the one to pay. If you own a home, or have other assets, you could lose them all. You could do jail time for transporting minors. Every hear of trafficking? Adults ordering rides for minors is a problem and against the law. If you're that hard up for a $3.75 ride, I'll mail you a check.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
These unaccompanied minor cancellation fees have become a significant part of my afternoon revenue. I just keep on shuffling.

I used to drive away. Now I just go across the street and keep printing these coupons. I even get repeat customers, which tells me that Uber wasn't doing anything about my reports, so now I just wait, cancel, tax. Rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If, If, If, If, adnauseam... let's let it rest here ... you drive the way your comfortable and let those of us who take minors drive the way we want... without anyone's criticism and snarkiness... just askin'
One mans snarkiness is another mans responsible business practice. If you don't like what you're reading - read something else.

Yeah, me too, just give a ride, I don't mind.
Much thanks to both of you for selflessly volunteering to be the fall-guy. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your sacrifice.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
These unaccompanied minor cancellation fees have become a significant part of my afternoon revenue. I just keep on shuffling.

I used to drive away. Now I just go across the street and keep printing these coupons. I even get repeat customers, which tells me that Uber wasn't doing anything about my reports, so now I just wait, cancel, tax. Rinse, repeat.
I do the same thing. Easiest money ever and there's no wear and tear on the car.

I keep it on Lyft. I'd rather have $5-10 per high schooler than $3.37.

·
Registered
688 Posts
No, you are making things worse for me. I shuffle an underage pax. you pick them up, I share your license plate with the TNC. Tighten up pal, I need you in the boat with me, not rowing downstream against me.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
I pick up at high schools. I never ask their age. They all look 18 to me. Most of them are perfect riders. They just sit. They don't talk. They don't demand. Very polite.

·
Premium Member
12,144 Posts

I was wondering if Uber did anything!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
How many cancels do you sit and do on LYFT? in one sitting? I could see doing 2 or 3 then moving on, but if your going to do like 5 of them over the course of 20 minutes, then might as well do 20 over an hour and a half-

I heard that Lyft doesn't count no shows as cancels against your rate (not acceptance rate, cancellation rate). Uber does

41 - 60 of 77 Posts