Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Four hours in, Uber texted me and told me to drop off passengers then ended the trip early?

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ATX 22 
#1 ·
The trip was from 10AM - 2:32:pM today, Uber ended the trip around 2:01PM after texting me telling me to drop the passengers off in a safe location. The safest location was 14 miles ahead.

I want to get paid for those 14 miles, is Uber likely to grant me wish?

Was their card declined?

Anyone ever experience this before?

#2 ·
Uber likes to end trips after 4 hours. To get paid for those extra miles send in a request to have it billed from pick up to destination...only problem is if you had multiple stops or lots of traffic the route check won't take that into account timewise and the new bill could be lower than what actually went through.

Also, gratz on the over 4 hour trip.

#3 ·
The trip was from 10AM - 2:32:pM today, Uber ended the trip around 2:01PM after texting me telling me to drop the passengers off in a safe location. The safest location was 14 miles ahead.

I want to get paid for those 14 miles, is Uber likely to grant me wish?

Was their card declined?

Anyone ever experience this before?
I just went through the exact same thing. Here's what I learned: There IS a 4-hour time limit and Uber WILL end (not cancel) the trip after that time. It has nothing to do with the passenger or their payment method (as I also feared). Secondary to that, trips with a large fare need to be approved by someone and can take a few pay periods to show up on your pay statement. My trip was a week ago last Friday and I see it on my pay statement for this week.

There is a thread about it. I will look it up and post a link on this one for you.

#5 ·
Incidentally, my trip was ended only a few blocks away from the drop off location so I took my passengers all the way and didn't even bother trying to get paid for it. If it was 14 miles I definitely would have though. If you haven't emailed support yet you should, and let them know the trip was farther.

And by the way, when I emailed support they responded that there was NO time limit. But I went to a support meeting they had in Tampa and spoke with the local guys who said there IS a 4-hour limit and it's there to prevent DRIVER FRAUD! Apparently some drivers have used stolen credit cards to create fake accounts and then charged really long rides on it. So, as long as there was no fraud on your part, Uber will pay you, as they should.

#10 ·
Incidentally, my trip was ended only a few blocks away from the drop off location so I took my passengers all the way and didn't even bother trying to get paid for it. If it was 14 miles I definitely would have though. If you haven't emailed support yet you should, and let them know the trip was farther.

And by the way, when I emailed support they responded that there was NO time limit. But I went to a support meeting they had in Tampa and spoke with the local guys who said there IS a 4-hour limit and it's there to prevent DRIVER FRAUD! Apparently some drivers have used stolen credit cards to create fake accounts and then charged really long rides on it. So, as long as there was no fraud on your part, Uber will pay you, as they should.
it would be great if they told us about this four hour limit rather than expecting us to drop someone off in the middle of no where.

#16 ·
My company puts all applicants through a half day of in-classroom training, and a half day ride-along with a driver trainer. Even after that I was totally unprepared for a lot of situations. I can't understand why Uber doesn't at least do a mentor ride like Lyft does.

#18 · (Edited)
Everything I've learned has been out on the streets or stuff I found in this forum. Uber's training is simply about using the app. Lyft's mentor ride is less training than it is someone putting eyes on car and driver. You get rated by the mentor and you rate them back. My mentor was really nice, but he was the 3rd person assigned. I didn't worry about that, we were both pretty relaxed, he started with uber and was doing lyft only now after doing both for a while. I told him I was going to be doing both, he did say that the lyft rides were usually longer. So far in 2 nights running lyft I have 5 total lyft rides, three $5 minimums and one $22 ride. 3 of the 5 rides have had a tip added. Running both is about the only way to not have lots of dead time, and sometimes even that doesn't help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.