Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
image.jpg
This rider decided to drop pin as his plane landed. What should I do? Look at the blue line that Uber navigation is suggesting. Should I break through the security fence and come down runway and get him? Many of these new drivers would probably head that way! Pretty funny what these riders do. Anyone else have a funny one to share?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had one request a ride from Blue Sushi in Fort Worth. As I got close I called to find out where to meet him and he said some street I had not heard of and I asked if he was on Baily or 7th (the cross streets) he paused a second and said "In Fort Worth?" I said, "Yes, off west seventh." He said, "I was there last night, but I'm back in Oklahoma City now."

"Please cancel and order another Uber. I don't think you want to wait for me," was my reply.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had one request a ride from Blue Sushi in Fort Worth. As I got close I called to find out where to meet him and he said some street I had not heard of and I asked if he was on Baily or 7th (the cross streets) he paused a second and said "In Fort Worth?" I said, "Yes, off west seventh." He said, "I was there last night, but I'm back in Oklahoma City now."

"Please cancel and order another Uber. I don't think you want to wait for me," was my reply.
That's pretty good. I had one that requested Uber on a Saturday afternoon and I got to their house and they replied " We were just seeing if this really works. We actually need one for the concert later this evening." Bad thing was as a driver Uber no longer pays us a cancellation fee. These riders can make u red in the face quite often. To make it in this line of work u must be prepared for these types of situations. It happens way to much and can make u want to quit!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I once had a ping at a bar arrive and call him and he says, "well I had set up this request months ago but I'm not ready to leave yet" hands me a 10$ bill for my trouble as I sit there confused

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I once had a ping at a bar arrive and call him and he says, "well I had set up this request months ago but I'm not ready to leave yet" hands me a 10$ bill for my trouble as I sit there confused
At least he was a gentleman. $10 is a welcome reward for your trouble.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Without going into details, I've had situations comparable to all of the above. (except the $10.00 one) Exasperating to say the least!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
View attachment 47394 This rider decided to drop pin as his plane landed. What should I do? Look at the blue line that Uber navigation is suggesting. Should I break through the security fence and come down runway and get him? Many of these new drivers would probably head that way! Pretty funny what these riders do. Anyone else have a funny one to share?
You think that bad look at these drivers Screenshot_2016-07-05-13-45-34.jpg Screenshot_2016-07-05-13-45-01.jpg Screenshot_2016-07-05-13-44-39.jpg Screenshot_2016-07-05-13-44-22.jpg Screenshot_2016-07-05-13-43-40.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
With all these drivers, I get email from uber to sign up my friends to drive and they will double my pay for the week.

Plus pay the regular bonus. Get ready boys and girls pretty soon there will be a car for every rider. You still sit and wait for pings and there will not be surge (not that there is any now)

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
View attachment 47394 This rider decided to drop pin as his plane landed. What should I do? Look at the blue line that Uber navigation is suggesting. Should I break through the security fence and come down runway and get him? Many of these new drivers would probably head that way! Pretty funny what these riders do. Anyone else have a funny one to share?
Exact same thing happened on my first ride ever. The pin landed in front of an apartment leasing office, he landed at the airport. Ride ended with a $20 tip!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a pax at Terminal A at a gate that wasn't there. Didn't see pax upper level, went to lower level. Ask pax, which airport are you at? Newark... Pax dropped pin at DFW. He hung up on me.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I had a pax at Terminal A at a gate that wasn't there. Didn't see pax upper level, went to lower level. Ask pax, which airport are you at? Newark... Pax dropped pin at DFW. He hung up on me.
Wow that beats any of my worst ones. I always send prescripted messages, asking the passenger to please confirm what terminal and entry number they are at. If after 2 min no reply I send it again after two min I call if no answer I cancel. I don't leave the staging area till I get an answer. Half of people are apologetic the other half get angry at me. One lady was at the entry way we're all the cars were. I pulled 1 car past the zebra crossing I could see her and told her to walk to me. She said " WALK you want me to WALK". So I canceled. It was a 10 ft walk. Bloody hell is that really how lazy people have gotten?.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts