Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had good and bad experiences. Share your stories!

Nagging X passenger who didn't tip after a 15 mile detour to deliver it back, Good XL passenger who tipped $10 for $50 ride and again $20 for the returned item 5 minutes later (i was already on the way back to them).

Also had a PAX leave a cell phone and call me on it in the morning, gave me the unlock code and I just requested an XL ride on it to drive it back.

Had another cell phone go unclaimed for days, I even kept it charged just in case. Found a driver's license once, mailed it back.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a rider leave a dollar store wig and was living in million dollar condo at beach! She kept calling to return it, also mailed uber to get me to return it! I returned it and no tip! Wtf! Also had a cell phone left from different rider, I returned it got 40.00 tip! Another rider left wallet in car and was with working dog and girlfriend, he was a war vet that lost his legs in combat, he left to Boston next morning! I mailed it back to them they wanted to pay for shipping , I said no thank you! I also thanked him for serving our country! they sent me cash in mail and thanked me!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had a girl forget her keys in the back seat and called the next day. She was nice and we had exchanged information. Otherwise, it would of been tossed out the window...lol .. However, I made her come near my house. She had to drive like 30 mins. I don't drive to return lost items unless they send for an uber or lyft. And certainly not on days I'm not driving.

·
Registered
660 Posts
One time I drove a pax to the house of a driver where he was going to pick a phone he had left the day before in the cair of said driver. Immediately took him back to the place where I had originalled picked him up. It was a good $20 ride.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had 3 times phone found in my car. Got $20 cash for each, had to drive a mile or so return 2 of them. Found waiter's apron once. Send uber a message with no replay and it went to garbage can. Found a small child toy once - it went to another child and made him happy! :)
I left a bottle of water once between my and front passenger seat. It was taken (stolen) quietly by moron couple who was so happy to get a water for free that forgot a bag with guakamole meal from restaurant. I was laughing all "the way to the bank". ;):):D

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've found many cosmetic type items (lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, etc), but the only real item I found was an AMEX platinum card from my last ride of the night and receipt from a restaurant/bar. $50+ tab and $5 tip. Scumbag - it's not only us that these people stiff. He did give me $20 when I returned it the next day.

I've had 3-4 calls of "I think I left my wallet/keys/etc in your car." No, you didn't - I check after each ride is over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One time I was driving a couple home and they were fighting all the time they were in my car and when when they got off the girl forgot her phone in the back seat (the trip was 15$+10$tip)
I picked up the phone and followed them and give it back and the guy gave me 20$ for that.
After I drove off 10 mins later I hear a phone ringing in the back seat!! Yes he forgot his phone too lol
I drove it back and he gave me a 100$ bill I was so happy that night I even turned the app off and went home early hahahahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.