Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been told that if you forfeit a reserved block that you've accepted, for instance a 4-Hour block on Sunday from 2-6 PM - you will never receive a reserved block for that day and time span again. I read that on the blog Rideshare Dashboard on a post called "Everything You Need To Know About Amazon Flex Reserved Blocks," and I have to say that I forfeited a reserved block - but hours in advance, so not after the 45 min window closed - and sure enough, I've never gotten it since, even though I used to get it like clockwork every Friday, for months .

I'm curious if anyone knows if the blog was correct about this policy, or if it's just a coincidence that that's what happened to me.

·
Premium Member
10,288 Posts
I forfeited one for last Weds. Just got another.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
It only blocks offers for the exact parameters for THAT particular day. If you forfeit a 4-6 PN, you will still be offered a 3:30 to 6, or a 4-7, etc. You will also be able to see Fresh or restaurants for 4-6. It has no effect on future reserved offers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah, my experience is forfeiting a reserve won't affect things, but forfeiting a "public" block means you can't see that exact same block.
I'm not sure this is true either, but maybe it's different for restaurant blocks. I have captured a 6-9 block, but didn't like the location so I immediately forfeited it and tried again and got the same block 6-9 at my preferred starting location.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I'm not sure this is true either, but maybe it's different for restaurant blocks. I have captured a 6-9 block, but didn't like the location so I immediately forfeited it and tried again and got the same block 6-9 at my preferred starting location.
Different location. You would not see the EXACT same block.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Different location. You would not see the EXACT same block.
Maybe, but the location wasn't listed for either when I picked up the blocks. They both said COLUMBUS (RO2) - Restaurants (but I guess that at 5:00 when I checked, it would know the locations are different), but I feel pretty confident that I have accepted and declined warehouse blocks and had the exact same (time) block show up as an offer and we only have 1 warehouse in Columbus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts