Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Toyota sold 1.15 Million Corollas(The Best Selling Vehicle IN THE WORLD) in 2021 despite Chip Shortages.
Ford made more money on 50,000 F-Series than Toyota did on 1.15 million Corollas lol. You still don't understand that sales numbers don't matter - what matters is how much profit each vehicle brings. And small & cheap cars like Corolla don't bring much of a profit. Hell, even Toyota makes more more money on 50,000 Tundras than they do on 1.15 million Corollas lol

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Ford made more money on 50,000 F-Series than Toyota did on 1.15 million Corollas lol. You still don't understand that sales numbers don't matter - what matters is how much profit each vehicle brings. And small & cheap cars like Corolla don't bring much of a profit. Hell, even Toyota makes more more money on 50,000 Tundras than they do on 1.15 million Corollas lol
WRONG, Toyota makes about a million dollars from each Toyota Corolla Sold because those young buyers become TOYOTA/LEXUS BUYERS FOR LIFE after being impressed with the incredible reliability and build quality of Toyota.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
WRONG, Toyota makes about a million dollars from each Toyota Corolla Sold because those young buyers become TOYOTA/LEXUS BUYERS FOR LIFE after being impressed with the incredible reliability and build quality of Toyota.
You do realize that there is so much more in a car than just reliability, right? Nobody who cares about driving at all will buy a Corolla or any similar Toyota. Corolla is a car built for boring people with a low budget and for 3rd world countries.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
You do realize that there is so much more in a car than just reliability, right? Nobody who cares about driving at all will buy a Corolla or any similar Toyota. Corolla is a car built for boring people with a low budget and for 3rd world countries.
You're 100% correct. You know what's not boring, when your head gasket blows and transmission fails right after the powertrain warranty is over. You know what's not boring, when your Ford Pickup or SUV has a death wobble.
You know what's not boring, when you try and sell your vehicle and it has a 3 times worse resale value than a Toyota of the same year. You know what's not boring, when your alternator fails and you're stranded on the side of the road.
You know what's not boring, when your starter fails when you're on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.
You know what's not boring, taking Ubers constantly and getting rental cars constantly because your existing car is always in the shop. Toyotas are so boring, rarely leaving you stranded, transmissions and engines that last practically forever, and almost never leaving you stranded.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
You're 100% correct. You know what's not boring, when your head gasket blows and transmission fails right after the powertrain warranty is over. You know what's not boring, when your Ford Pickup or SUV has a death wobble.
You know what's not boring, when you try and sell your vehicle and it has a 3 times worse resale value than a Toyota of the same year. You know what's not boring, when your alternator fails and you're stranded on the side of the road.
You know what's not boring, when your starter fails when you're on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.
You know what's not boring, taking Ubers constantly and getting rental cars constantly because your existing car is always in the shop. Toyotas are so boring, rarely leaving you stranded, transmissions and engines that last practically forever, and almost never leaving you stranded.
You live once. Don't be so boring. I'm assuming that you wouldn't marry a woman just because she cooks good (well, maybe you personally would), I apply the same logic with cars - life's too short to drive boring cars just because they're reliable past 300,000 miles. Like who the hell cares? I drive cars for few years until I get bored with them and I want something different, I don't wanna drive the same car for 10 or 15 years.

p.s. I had a plenty of non-Toyotas, including 7 Fords that you criticize here so much ... And absolutely none of things that you mentioned happened. Literally 0.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So they go on and buy the BZ4X, a 2017 EV introduced in 2022.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
One of the posters referred to $60k F-150s as bringing in huge profits for Ford. Ford makes a pile of money on a $60k truck but the poster left out some variables.

I don't know the exact percentage but I know that lots of F-150s are fleet vehicles with few if any options. Ford makes a killing on options and appearance packages.

Also, what percentage of truck sales are leases?

·
Premium Member
70,579 Posts
Ford is Fully Capable of building mid size fuel efficient S.U.V.'s & Trucks.
Safe & Roomy.
The Ford Maverick is a fine example.
Economical.
Hybrid.
Lowest priced truck in America.
5 passengers 4 doors and a cargo bed.

People LIKE sitting up high in a truck & the excellent visibility they provide to drivers

·
Premium Member
70,579 Posts
We really only need the interstate well kept for national defense reasons. Local roads should just be gravel or dirt, that will ensure people slow down and will save lives. LOL
I LOVE GRAVEL & DIRT ROADS !
POWER SLIDING SIDEWAYS AROUND CURVES.
PLUMES OF DUST TO THE SKY !

61 - 80 of 94 Posts