Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure Ford is really regretting that they're selling $60k F-Series than a $16k Focus that's not profitable at all lol

But lets take a look how well those "popular" smaller cars are selling so far this year ...

Corolla -35%
Camry -22%
Civic -33%
Accord -11%
Sentra -27%
Elantra -15%
Sonata -62%
K5 -22%
Forte -11%

Should I keep going?

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
"If only Ford had a normal, hybrid, and plugin hybrid version of this car below and many other cars for sale in North America at this time to offset sales losses in SUVs/Pickups/CUVs."

You are a confused man contradicting himself.
I didn't write that.

The point of my comment is that sales don't matter - what matters is how much profit you bring per sale. Ford is better off financially by selling 500,000 F-Series than selling 5,000,000 Fusions and Focuses.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
LMFAO, most of the vehicles you posted have MUCH MUCH higher demand this year than last and can't meet the demand because of supply chain and chip shortage issues.
Oh I see, compact and midsize cars have a big decline in sales due to "supply chain and chip shortage issues" only, but F-150 doesn't have a problem with supply chain and/or chip shortage, right? Decline in F-150s sales are caused by other reasons, but not due to "supply chain and chip shortage issues".

Dude, just because you're cheap and buy your cars based on fuel economy numbers only doesn't mean everybody is lol. Enjoy your boring Prius and I hope you saved $2.50 at the pump today lol

People don't want trucks/suvs/cuvs anymore (unless they're hybrid or electric), they want gas sipping cars.
LOOOOOL trucks are only top 3 best selling vehicles in the whole country. Only 4 out of 20 best selling vehicles are cars - the rest are all trucks/SUVs/crossovers.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Full Sized Pickups had THE BIGGEST PRICE DECREASE OF ANY USED VEHICLE SEGMENT (0.72% which is a 37.44% annualized price decrease).
Good Lord man (and I use that term very loosely), your cheapness is even worse than I originally thought. Who the hell cares? Are you buying a car because you like it and enjoy driving it or are you buying it based on which one will cost you the least amount of money over the next X years?

Buy your Prius or a Sienna hybrid, I'm sure you're the most fun guy in the neighborhood lol

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
These are the top 11 car brands in Europe in 2021.
Volkswagen1,274,1371,358,059-6.2
Audi597,428600,529-0.5
Skoda589,170644,174-8.5
Seat2400,155374,797+6.8
Porsche77,84473,529+5.9
Others35,3835,055+6.5
STELLANTIS2,378,9792,417,982-1.6
Peugeot724,383741,500-2.3
Opel/Vauxhall486,503485,808+0.1
Fiat475,502491,110-3.2
Citroen445,650448,572-0.7
No its not. Ford sold 523,970 in Europe last year, which makes it a better seller than Seat, Porsche, Opel/Vauxhall, Fiat and Citroen from your list, so clearly those are not top 11 car brands in Europe in 2021.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
And by the way, in the rest of the world, if you want to show off that you have an American car, then you drive a Chevrolet. Chevy is by far the most famous, maybe in the next decade that will be Tesla.
You do realize that most of Chevys available outside the USA are Daewoo-made, right? Absolutely nobody in Europe doesn't want to show up their Chevy. Driving a Chevy in Europe in like driving a Mitsubishi MIrage in the USA, its the lowest of the lowest.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
I was in Morocco, I did not see a Ford. I was in Dubai, I did not see a Ford. I was in London, I did not see a Ford. I was in Ukraine, I did not see a Ford. I was in India, I did not see a Ford. And Turkey too.
Please tell me, where is Ford selling? 😄
BS and we both know it. Especially for the part about not seeing a Ford in London since Ford Transit is UK's best selling vehicle and Ford had the best selling car in the UK almost every year since like the late 1960s. UK is Ford's 2nd largest market after the USA.
Ford also has a big factory in Turkey and Ford is almost like a domestic car in Turkey because of that.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
This is by far the most recognized American car brand, Ford is not even close. If you want to look cool in front of your Toyota friends, then you drive this. It's a piece of crap, I know, but it's cool. Only in America Chevy is not cool. It's like a BigMac. Nobody thinks a Big Mac is cool 😄

View attachment 657346
Dude, I'm originally from Europe and nobody even knows that Chevy exists there. And people that do know it exists are ashamed to say they own it because its the cheapest and most boring POS there is. Its not even a real Chevy, they're made by a former Daewoo in South Korea lol

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
How can you consider a European to consider a Chevy cool? Those folks started cool.
But honestly, Chevy is pretty cool in the rest of the world, apart from Europe I guess. They specifically import Chevys. I guarantee you that, that golden symbol of Chevy, majority of people will say they know that.
The only cool Chevys are like Camaros and Corvettes and those make like 0.0001% of Chevy's global sales and they have to be special order since rarely anyone buys them. Like I already said numerous times, majority of cars that Chevy sells outside the USA are made by a former Daewoo (today its called GM Korea).

Here's your best selling Chevy in Central and South America lol

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
In The U.K. it's possible that Ford Motor Company is more well known than Harrison Ford, but in the rest of Europe and Europe overall Harrison Ford is definitely more famous than Ford Motor Company.
Ford Killed all the cars like the Fiesta, Mondeo, etc that people in the UK drove with Diesel Engines and manual Transmissions. The New Ford Mondeo is a China or Asia Exclusive I think and not even available in the UK.
Ford didn't kill Fiesta (or Focus) in Europe, they're both still available all over Europe including the UK.

And Mondeo was pretty much replaced by crossovers like Puma which is selling better with a higher profit margin.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Toyota sold 1.15 Million Corollas(The Best Selling Vehicle IN THE WORLD) in 2021 despite Chip Shortages.
Ford made more money on 50,000 F-Series than Toyota did on 1.15 million Corollas lol. You still don't understand that sales numbers don't matter - what matters is how much profit each vehicle brings. And small & cheap cars like Corolla don't bring much of a profit. Hell, even Toyota makes more more money on 50,000 Tundras than they do on 1.15 million Corollas lol

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
WRONG, Toyota makes about a million dollars from each Toyota Corolla Sold because those young buyers become TOYOTA/LEXUS BUYERS FOR LIFE after being impressed with the incredible reliability and build quality of Toyota.
You do realize that there is so much more in a car than just reliability, right? Nobody who cares about driving at all will buy a Corolla or any similar Toyota. Corolla is a car built for boring people with a low budget and for 3rd world countries.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
You're 100% correct. You know what's not boring, when your head gasket blows and transmission fails right after the powertrain warranty is over. You know what's not boring, when your Ford Pickup or SUV has a death wobble.
You know what's not boring, when you try and sell your vehicle and it has a 3 times worse resale value than a Toyota of the same year. You know what's not boring, when your alternator fails and you're stranded on the side of the road.
You know what's not boring, when your starter fails when you're on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.
You know what's not boring, taking Ubers constantly and getting rental cars constantly because your existing car is always in the shop. Toyotas are so boring, rarely leaving you stranded, transmissions and engines that last practically forever, and almost never leaving you stranded.
You live once. Don't be so boring. I'm assuming that you wouldn't marry a woman just because she cooks good (well, maybe you personally would), I apply the same logic with cars - life's too short to drive boring cars just because they're reliable past 300,000 miles. Like who the hell cares? I drive cars for few years until I get bored with them and I want something different, I don't wanna drive the same car for 10 or 15 years.

p.s. I had a plenty of non-Toyotas, including 7 Fords that you criticize here so much ... And absolutely none of things that you mentioned happened. Literally 0.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts