Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford F-150 sales are TANKING almost as fast as Ford Stock.
If only Ford had a normal, hybrid, and plugin hybrid version of this car below and many other cars for sale in North America at this time to offset sales losses in SUVs/Pickups/CUVs.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure Ford is really regretting that they're selling $60k F-Series than a $16k Focus that's not profitable at all lol

But lets take a look how well those "popular" smaller cars are selling so far this year ...

Corolla -35%
Camry -22%
Civic -33%
Accord -11%
Sentra -27%
Elantra -15%
Sonata -62%
K5 -22%
Forte -11%

Should I keep going?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Sales are tanking since the gubinmint Covid dough has dried out long time ago. People have to actually go to work to pay for them. Now if the semiconductor shortages and other supply chain issues would get resolved, we could hopefully get back to normal situation with vehicle prices.

·
Premium Member
15,944 Posts
Impreza -4%
Legacy -12%
Jetta -52%
Mazda3 -5%

Literally every single compact and mid-size car had drop in sales except for Nissan Altima (I'm guessing Enterprise placed a large order).
Isn't that because parts and computer chips are scarce?
I don't know ... just asking.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Why not? One F-150 sold is more profitable than 50 Fusions and Focuses. Why would they sell cheap vehicles with almost non-existing profit margin?

"If only Ford had a normal, hybrid, and plugin hybrid version of this car below and many other cars for sale in North America at this time to offset sales losses in SUVs/Pickups/CUVs."

You are a confused man contradicting himself.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,627 Posts
Ford F-150 sales are TANKING almost as fast as Ford Stock.
If only Ford had a normal, hybrid, and plugin hybrid version of this car below and many other cars for sale in North America at this time to offset sales losses in SUVs/Pickups/CUVs.

The idiots that wanted suvs and trucks
instead of cars is what messed things up..

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
"If only Ford had a normal, hybrid, and plugin hybrid version of this car below and many other cars for sale in North America at this time to offset sales losses in SUVs/Pickups/CUVs."

You are a confused man contradicting himself.
I didn't write that.

The point of my comment is that sales don't matter - what matters is how much profit you bring per sale. Ford is better off financially by selling 500,000 F-Series than selling 5,000,000 Fusions and Focuses.

·
Banned
160 Posts
I didn't write that.

The point of my comment is that sales don't matter - what matters is how much profit you bring per sale. Ford is better off financially by selling 500,000 F-Series than selling 5,000,000 Fusions and Focuses.
I didn't write that.

I didn't write that.

I didn't write that.

Well, apparently it's not helping. Ford is still not a big brand.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'm sure Ford is really regretting that they're selling $60k F-Series than a $16k Focus that's not profitable at all lol

But lets take a look how well those "popular" smaller cars are selling so far this year ...

Corolla -35%
Camry -22%
Civic -33%
Accord -11%
Sentra -27%
Elantra -15%
Sonata -62%
K5 -22%
Forte -11%

Should I keep going?
LMFAO, most of the vehicles you posted have MUCH MUCH higher demand this year than last and can't meet the demand because of supply chain and chip shortage issues.
Many Pickups, SUVs, and CUVs have a GENUINE decrease in demand because of high gas prices. The PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. Toyota Sells tons of cars in North America, and Ford doesn't let's see who's going to have a better year.

Used car prices are OUTPERFORMING used Truck/SUV/CUV prices by a GIGANTIC margin.
People don't want trucks/suvs/cuvs anymore (unless they're hybrid or electric), they want gas sipping cars.
Compact cars are the HOTTEST segment in the used car industry right now with prices going up almost 1% per week. Wholesale prices in the car segment were up 0.38% overall last week while Wholesale prices in the used Truck/Suv/Cuv/Van segment were DOWN 0.02% last week.

Toyota Sequio -84.04
Ford Expedition -62.39
Toyota C-HR -60.01
Lincoln Navigator -51.48
Subaru Forester -44.17
Honda CRV -43.08
Toyota Venza -39.52
Ford Ranger -38.46
Volvo XC40 -37.72
Kia Seltos- -36.27
Font Line Software Screenshot Rectangle
World Architecture Font Slope Urban design

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
LMFAO, most of the vehicles you posted have MUCH MUCH higher demand this year than last and can't meet the demand because of supply chain and chip shortage issues.
Many Pickups, SUVs, and CUVs have a GENUINE decrease in demand because of high gas prices. The PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. Toyota Sells tons of cars in North America, and Ford doesn't let's see who's going to have a better year.

Toyota Sequio -84.04
Ford Expedition -62.39
Toyota C-HR -60.01
Lincoln Navigator -51.48
Subaru Forester -44.17
Honda CRV -43.08
Toyota Venza -39.52
Ford Ranger -38.46
Volvo XC40 -37.72
Kia Seltos- -36.27
And, I don't foresee gasoline prices will be going down any time soom. $8.00 / Gallon is here to stay!!!!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Oh I see, compact and midsize cars have a big decline in sales due to "supply chain and chip shortage issues" only, but F-150 doesn't have a problem with supply chain and/or chip shortage, right? Decline in F-150s sales are caused by other reasons, but not due to "supply chain and chip shortage issues".

Dude, just because you're cheap and buy your cars based on fuel economy numbers only doesn't mean everybody is lol. Enjoy your boring Prius and I hope you saved $2.50 at the pump today lol

People don't want trucks/suvs/cuvs anymore (unless they're hybrid or electric), they want gas sipping cars.
LOOOOOL trucks are only top 3 best selling vehicles in the whole country. Only 4 out of 20 best selling vehicles are cars - the rest are all trucks/SUVs/crossovers.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts