Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be a little late to the party, but did everyone who drives for both Uber and Lyft know that it's against the rules at LAX to have "dual" dressings when driving for Uber in LAX..here's the exact verbiage from Uber:

LAX and SAN Airport:

There are unique trade dress requirements at LAX and SAN. These two airports prohibit dual trade dress. This means that if you are on an Uber trip, you may only display the Uber trade dress. Please make sure you are only displaying an Uber trade dress on your front and rear windshield when you are completing an Uber trip. Having two different trade dresses can result in a fine.

·
Banned
217 Posts
I knew about this. The way I got around it was to use the Lyft packaging and stick the Uber decal to the back of it. Then I can just pull the paper Lyft sign out and the Uber sign would show. But I quit Lyft this morning so I just have the Uber signs up. On my side pocket I did keep one of the new Lyft decals. I threw the other one away. If I ever decide to Lyft I will just flash it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think that most drivers know about this,but since is never enforced they just ignore it, wait until fines start the be given to drivers and you will not see this anymore.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes I knew, gonna be a real pain trying to do both with the new trade display having to be in back window

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
I never put my trade dresses on when I pick people up. I only put it on when I'm dropping off at the airport. I guess I just have to go the extra step of putting it outside my rear window and tape it up if I do drop someone off. What's an extra minute when picking someone up for airport ride. lol

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I might be a little late to the party, but did everyone who drives for both Uber and Lyft know that it's against the rules at LAX to have "dual" dressings when driving for Uber in LAX..here's the exact verbiage from Uber:

LAX and SAN Airport:

There are unique trade dress requirements at LAX and SAN. These two airports prohibit dual trade dress. This means that if you are on an Uber trip, you may only display the Uber trade dress. Please make sure you are only displaying an Uber trade dress on your front and rear windshield when you are completing an Uber trip. Having two different trade dresses can result in a fine.
It's covered in the LAX training video too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts