Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me remind you what it looks like when Uber is only charging miles and time plus surge from PRE PANDEMIC/PROP 22. This was Valentines Day week right before Covid.
Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

61 hours online
173 rides
Only $123 in promotions
7 days worked
$28.36/hr online

That’s a lot of work and a lot of rides. Now look at things POST PANDEMIC AND PROP 22.
Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

29 hours online
69 rides
$427 in promotions
5 days worked (less than 3 hours per day on Monday and Thursday I might add)
$48.72/hr online

Played golf Monday, then enjoyed two days off, didn’t start working Saturday till 10pm.

Which one do you want? 😂🤣😂🤣

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and here is a 3k week....i would worry too mucj about the hours as i worled about 35 total....with multiplier you set your price and keep app on until your price point is hit....so its not really 80 hrs. came out to about 88 an hour based on real hours worked.
What is it about his numbers that makes it false? Seriously I'm confused why you think that
It’s this cute game Nate and I play where he says that everything I say is false and everything he says is true.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It was profitable because you still had the multipliers, set-your-own-rates, and destination info at that time.
I still don't get how Uber taking 25% of set-your-own rates is worse for the company than an artificial driver shortage they caused by them stubbornly clinging to a business model developed for the pre-pandemic economy when they had a surplus of drivers.
The biggest reason is because set your own fares model does not work. People like @natemansi11 sit at home until someone within 7 minutes of their house is desperate enough to pay 3-5x. The system was also poorly designed in that people on both sides were confused and cancellations were incredibly high.

The second problem with the set your own fare system w a 75/25 split is that under that model, Uber can’t take a loss on a ride. That is a critical part of keeping pick up times in the 4-7 minute range while still keeping fares down for the pax. Uber will gladly pay drivers more than what they charge pax (via incentives like surge and ctbs) to make sure the ride counts stay high and pick up times remain low. Under set your own fares that can’t happen. Drivers don’t pick up the base fare rides and the most important pax (the everyday short ride people) are forced to pay $15-$20 on every ride rather than the $8.64 they have been used to with an occasional $12-20 surge on weekends and busy times. Once it becomes $15-20 on every trip and you have to wait 15-20 minutes to find a driver, Uber loses customers.

Uber is now a publicly traded company and has to make profits. They can’t make profits with a strict 75/25 split and a fleet of drivers who refuse to work for less than the pay of doctors.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
pax have extreme difficulty getting rides because the few drivers available (myself included among them) refuse to work for base fare, no destination info, and long pickups.
No they don’t. I live in North County. Everyday my rides startup here and I haven’t heard one person in quite a while complain about the wait time. But during FM over 50% of the people complained about a wait or the cost.

Being too prideful is costing you $$.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Lice this is again another False statement, a logical fallacy that is more evidence of your lack of critical thinking skills.
The lack of critical think comes from your end kind sir. You are the one that can’t comprehend that drivers are already overpaid relative to the work they do so there is absolutely no chance that the industry will up and switch back to a model that makes more money for the drivers, less money for Uber and fewer overall customers!

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I get to disagree with live… i a was visiting a girl in San Marcos and took an Uber home and had a 26 min pickup. Also mostly complaining because I live in mission valley and am used to 3 minute pickups haha. The lack of complaints are because they don’t know what they are missing out on haha. Good luck this weekend everyone.
26 minutes to get a ride on demand from door to door without previously scheduling it? That’s not to bad at all for suburbs. 10 years ago you wouldn’t have gotten a cab for at least 90 minutes and it’d run you over $100. Also you were going from San Marcos to MV and it may have shown up as a 45+ ride if there was traffic. Could’ve been part of the problem.

Yes wait times are higher up here. Typically 10-15 minutes. People are not missing flights or not getting rides at all like they were during set your own fares.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I literally devoted a full paragraph explaining why everyone would benefit. Did you get a chance to read it?

I still get spammed by pings 20 minutes away all the time, especially 10pm-6am. So yeah, they are.
Yeah that’s because 10-20 minutes is not a bad pickup time for non urban areas. It’s the algorithm, not the fact that there is no one closer. Uber does not want 4-5 minute pickups in suburbs because people are used to waiting longer. If a driver arrives too quickly, pax cancel or get cancelled on for not being ready. They have years of data to prove this. In the city they want 5 minutes or less. It makes things run more smoothly.

If you would stop analyzing with bias you’ll see that the computers run everything man. Figure out what the algorithm wants and you’ll make the most money. Keep being stubborn and you’ll be eating those rocks you spoke of a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Oh yea. Like I said I know I’m spoiled in mission valley haha. And uber is better than taxi. I know I wouldn’t drive in north county and if I lived there I would drive down to the action to take rides. That being said I do think they could make zones for high demand areas vs low demand areas that would make those long pickups more rewarding but that would definitely take some engineering because although surge is based on supply and demand, demand significance greatly outweighs supply significance . I also think there should be a third consecutive trip zone in utc area as well. But that’s me just being bored and wishing. Still making 35-40 an hour and ranting at this point.
Surge is not based on supply and demand nearly as much as we think. But I do agree, more CTB zones would be nice. As well as bringing back the ping pick up fee.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I've seen the light and I want to apologize for myself and all rideshare drivers for being selfish and not putting the welfare of both the pax and Uber corporation ahead of ourselves.
Nobody asked you to do that. The person asked a question and I answered. In fact the person who posted the question even thanked me for a thoughtful response. Nowhere in my response did I say anyone should put Uber’s welfare ahead of their own.

Aren’t you exclusively a “deliverista” as AOC calls the Uber Eats people? Your pax are chicken nuggets and pizzas. You should definitely not put them ahead of yourself! You should move to CA and take advantage of the Prop 22 benefits. Delivery drivers are the ones that benefit most from Prop 22!

Im definitely not one of those people to tell people which forum groups to participate in, and you are welcome to keep joining us here in the CA threads, but why such hostility on threads you clearly aren’t understanding from all the way across the country?

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
@Livekilometers96 So how was Los Angeles last night? $ 440 on nine hours 26 rides. But that first trip helped a bit. Airport was pretty surgy (new word) and I got to try out the new pick your ride from this list got a plus 20 to Kensington and didn’t have to wait in a 95 driver queue. Saw airport up to plus 30 last night.
False start on Professor Kilomiler! I had a fraternity brother from college hit me up for dinner last night in OB. Currently waiting on for a DF ping to take me up into OC to start my night.

Excellent job last night. The map seemed very uninviting but you clearly made it work as usual!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts