Uber Drivers Forum banner

? For seasoned drivers...

816 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Disgusted Driver 
#1 ·
I realize the mileage along with the wear and tear on my vehicle is not worth the coins Uber pays - But I need to make some quick cash this weekend. Is it possible to pull in $150-200 on a Saturday evening/night?

Side note- I was a bit disappointed with the demand for the beer and bourbon event at the Amphitheater last night. I received a whopping two requests. Anyone with better luck?

#4 ·
Cool. Select should help. Only problem is that if you can't opt out of X then your Select requests may be even fewer snice your time will be occupied with X.
Be sure to notice the bottom of the screen on each ping. This is where you will see "SELECT" if it's a Select request. You should also be mindful that when X is surging more people will order Select. Do the math to figure out at what point the X surge pays you better.

I don't drive X but my guess would be to get an early start on the night. Maybe 4-5ish, and expect to run through bar close to reach your goal. Your luck will still have much to do with the end result. God luck.

#8 ·
I had 3 requests to the beer fest from 20 miles or more distances. More than I expected, considering where I would end up (at Kokka Booth) and one from the fest when I was on Tryon Rd.
I only work during daylight hours and not a fan of picking up riders who don't know where they are amongst a thousand people. All in all, Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. made about $160 plus some tippage.

#9 ·
Uber will tell you to go to the places to make them the most money. It's typically not worth the hassle for two reasons. One, Uber has told everybody to be there. Two, it's a fustercluck trying to match rider and passenger in a huge crowd like that, especially at events at say, RBC which has a designated Uber queue/lot that the pax can't find and then they cancel on you, returning you to the rear of the queue.

#11 ·
My biggest complaint, among many, is the mileage rate. I mean c'mon. I'm actually considering a move with similar demographics and double the mileage rate. The other issues I can pretty much deal with, but I'm not out there to check out the scenery. $$$$$$
The problem is that any time you do something based on your expectation of what Uber does is setting yourself up for failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.