Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's people getting rides today. I know this because I've worked 5 Thanksgivings in a row and there's been surge all day and lots of rides. People going to visit family etc.

DRIVERS ARE DRIVING AND NOT SEEING THERE FAMILY.

Dear Dara :

You are a pile of shit. People working in any company get time and a half for working on a holiday. Also, you are a pile of shit.

F.U. Dara

Regretfully ;

Balsamic Vinegar

Ecoregion White World Light Product

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I know there's people getting rides today. I know this because I've worked 5 Thanksgivings in a row and there's been surge all day and lots of rides. People going to visit family etc.

DRIVERS ARE DRIVING AND NOT SEEING THERE FAMILY.

Dear Dara :

You are a pile of shit. People working in any company get time and a half for working on a holiday. Also, you are a pile of shit.

F.U. Dara

Regretfully ;

Balsamic Vinegar

View attachment 628412
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? There's a whole $1 worth of surge at 36th Place & Budlong. Some people are never satisfied!

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,845 Posts
If there isn't enough demand to overpace the supply, what can they do, force a "holiday upcharge" on the pax because you demand to work for higher than base rates?

If the rates aren't worth it for you, you're not required to work. If you have better things to do, you can do them instead. If on the other hand you have nothing that's better, that's on you. Am I wrong?

I know it sucks working for less, but try to put yourself in the shoes of the one providing the work, and not always have a one-sided perspective.

I do rideshare now because of the (overall poor) choices I've made in life, and have had numerous opportunities to do things differently. Things could have gone better, and they could have gone worse too. Can't blame anyone but myself at the end of the day. I think there's an Aesop's fable, ironically named the ant and the grasshopper.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
If there isn't enough demand to overpace the supply, what can they do, force a "holiday upcharge" on the pax because you demand to work for higher than base rates?

If the rates aren't worth it for you, you're not required to work. If you have better things to do, you can do them instead. If on the other hand you have nothing that's better, that's on you. Am I wrong?

I know it sucks working for less, but try to put yourself in the shoes of the one providing the work, and not always have a one-sided perspective.

I do rideshare now because of the (overall poor) choices I've made in life, and have had numerous opportunities to do things differently. Things could have gone better, and they could have gone worse too. Can't blame anyone but myself at the end of the day. I think there's an Aesop's fable, ironically named the ant and the grasshopper.
They are forcing a "holiday upcharge" on people except the drivers aren't getting any of it.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Don't worry in a year we will be employees and our dream will come true. Min wage, a shift, workmans comp. Ill gladly accept every 4.2 pool ride and work an 8 hour shift 50 miles from my house for these benefits.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts

Aesop Rock is a good hip hop artist. Saw him in concert. Rideshare is the best choice I’ve made n life. Uber and lyft are the only reason rideshare sucks.

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
I should have worked yesterday, I was looking at the map all day in bed and it was lit up, $8 sticky surge, $11, the whole screen was blood red. Today nothing. I still made about $98 after gas for six and a half hours.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,845 Posts
I wish I was the guy who sold the pizza for 20k Bitcoin back in those days. And had the conviction to hold. $1.2 B at $60k/btc

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here's the thing. It's a holiday and Uber would rather NOT do the business than let the driver make any money. So long as drivers are willing to work for reimbursement and no more Uber's willing to collect their safe rides fee and marketplace fee but if nobody's willing to work for nothing, no sir, no driver will make any money so long as Dara is in charge.

7:00pm on a holiday. F. U. Dara.

Product Font Slope Rectangle Line

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,845 Posts
There are plenty of ants hungrier than you and out there doing rides. No one is getting left behind without a ride as much as you'd love for it to happen. You're not needed, and if you got upset and quit rideshare, it wouldn't even be noticed or missed

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
There are plenty of ants hungrier than you and out there doing rides. No one is getting left behind without a ride as much as you'd love for it to happen. You're not needed, and if you got upset and quit rideshare, it wouldn't even be noticed or missed
I would beg to differ. I have come across many pax recently complaining about extended wait times, cancellations and poor service. Last weekend in particular Lyft were really struggling. I saw bonuses of $20-30 immediately on pings without any of the usual PPZ slow-build-to-climax crap.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
My employer bought or leased 4 Teslas because of wait time and frequent cancellation.

Reactions: Lord Summerisle

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You seem sour. There may be lots of drivers out there hungrier than me but they're not willing to drive for $.60/mile on a holiday either. Otherwise, how do you explain no cars available at 7:00 on a holiday evening?

I'm telling you for 5 straight years Thanksgiving has been good money for the drivers and it still was today in the basin. But pre prop 22 prices and pay was 10X better and nobody was complaining about high prices. For some reason Uber decided to cut prices way down and now people are complaining about no drivers and long wait times. So cutting prices is resulting in Uber doing less business not more. They're still collecting their BS fees from drivers and pax but they're making less than they would because they don't want drivers to make any more. It's called cutting off their nose to spite their face

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,845 Posts
My point or message wasn't so much about the specifics of today or Uber or rideshare (although it certainly applies) but about how most people here can't seem to take ownership of their own problems and always resort to blaming everyone and everything else about their circumstances.

I'm guilty of it too from time to time but I try not to be.

Prior to rideshare I ran my own "business" most of my adult life and had many "hired" people come and go to help with smaller tasks. Almost always, at first they act hungry and put in effort, and are appreciative that they have an opportunity to make much more money than they were used to.

But soon/eventually entitlement sets in, and they always compare to how much I'm making "for doing nothing" when "they're doing all the work" and eventually get lazy, entitled, etc and I have to cut them. All they had to do was show up and follow directions, after I came up with a plan, set everything up, took risks, bankrolled it, built connections, etc. Many always came begging back for more work but I never put up with that type of disloyalty and entitlement.

It's that type of mentality that will keep a lot of people in that "poor" state of mind and never grow up. The ones who had the go-get-it mentality always advanced and did what had to be done and most never looked back. The entitled ones never got anywhere. Rideshare seems to be no different.

If you're not happy with the way things are no one is going to come and fix them for you, no amount of whining will do it.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,845 Posts
I would beg to differ. I have come across many pax recently complaining about extended wait times, cancellations and poor service. Last weekend in particular Lyft were really struggling. I saw bonuses of $20-30 immediately on pings without any of the usual PPZ slow-build-to-climax crap.
That's a self solving problem then, isn't it?

If there are enough drivers to meet demand, no need for bonuses, since they're willing to drive without. If there aren't enough, you have the surges and bonuses and eventually drivers will come take rides that they didn't find worthwhile without them.

Maybe it's not as efficient but that's just how it works and if there are better opportunities out there for you, perhaps it's wise to take it. If there aren't any, think about what that means.

Believe me I would also love to make more money for doing the same work. Even though I don't love rideshare (often hate it), I don't have a great deal of other options that I have the energy/strength to go after. This is the best opportunity I have right now.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My point or message wasn't so much about the specifics of today or Uber or rideshare (although it certainly applies) but about how most people here can't seem to take ownership of their own problems and always resort to blaming everyone and everything else about their circumstances.

I'm guilty of it too from time to time but I try not to be.

Prior to rideshare I ran my own "business" most of my adult life and had many "hired" people come and go to help with smaller tasks. Almost always, at first they act hungry and put in effort, and are appreciative that they have an opportunity to make much more money than they were used to.

But soon/eventually entitlement sets in, and they always compare to how much I'm making "for doing nothing" when "they're doing all the work" and eventually get lazy, entitled, etc and I have to cut them. All they had to do was show up and follow directions, after I came up with a plan, set everything up, took risks, bankrolled it, built connections, etc. Many always came begging back for more work but I never put up with that type of disloyalty and entitlement.

It's that type of mentality that will keep a lot of people in that "poor" state of mind and never grow up. The ones who had the go-get-it mentality always advanced and did what had to be done and most never looked back. The entitled ones never got anywhere. Rideshare seems to be no different.

If you're not happy with the way things are no one is going to come and fix them for you, no amount of whining will do it.
You sound familiar

1 - 20 of 125 Posts