Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we basically don't pay taxes on Uber earnings...do most full-time Uber drivers qualify for food stamps?

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your market is so bad you cant make money
you should probably find something else to do
A good rule of thumb is if you see farm animals
or produce growing you should either quit or
drive towards the biggest nearest city
I can make money! I don't "need" food stamps.

But, as a single dude...seeing all these businesses get HUGE PPP money...seeing all those with kids get child tax credit...if I can find a way to 'get mine' then I gonna get it!! HAHA!!! LETSGO!!!

Been in construction for all my life...but quitting.

Going to be an independent contractor in sales for a couple different companies, so it is feast or famine!!!!! Which I am ok with. But, I want my freebies!!!

Reactions: 25rides7daysaweek

·
Registered
145 Posts
In Colorado, they use your gross earnings before business expenses. So no typically we do not.
It's like that in every US state. It's processed on a county level and I think it can't be over 10k per person in the household. It's a plastic EBT card these days.

I always heard it was like $175.00 a month, but I see people at stores getting like two carts of stuff and paying with EBT..

EBT and SSI and something to do with foster kids are the welfare systems that get scammed.. My old neighbor lived off SSI but was out riding their Harley collection every day and having cookouts lol....

Either way it's amazing how bad the IRS and SSA are at their jobs it's almost always mouth breathers getting over on the systems that can't even do 5th grade math..

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
times have changed this used to be a last resort or shameful pursuit now it's a badge of honor...this country is f'd....
I agree! But, at some point, you gotta quit watching everyone else get money...and get yours! HAHA!!

Single white dude w/ no kids needs to get his break!

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Just keep Ubering until you get permanently deactivated for cause or no cause, then look up foodstamp to see if you qualify.

I heard ppl making tons of money on Uber, how many hours do you allowed to uber?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
There's an income limit of like $1200. If you were to work less than that, you could possibly get foodstamps. But I've always wondered if they might ask why you don't just work more hours? And that little income per month would leave most people broke.

I applied for FS yesterday, listed no income and no job. Because I haven't had any income since PUA ran out here in June and I've just now gone under the liquid assets limit for FS. Friend of mine who's had them for a couple months said they're basically giving out the FS maximum to everyone who applies, because of COVID. Usually they also calculate income vs expenses and you might only get like $30/mo. The max right now is like $240 I think?

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's a lot of shame and jumping through hoops for what is probably $200.00 a month on a plastic EBT card.

It's meant for disabled people who are on SSI just like HUD/Section-8 which also gets abused...

·
Premium Member
12,429 Posts
It's like that in every US state. It's processed on a county level and I think it can't be over 10k per person in the household. It's a plastic EBT card these days.

I always heard it was like $175.00 a month, but I see people at stores getting like two carts of stuff and paying with EBT..

EBT and SSI and something to do with foster kids are the welfare systems that get scammed.. My old neighbor lived off SSI but was out riding their Harley collection every day and having cookouts lol....

Either way it's amazing how bad the IRS and SSA are at their jobs it's almost always mouth breathers getting over on the systems that can't even do 5th grade math..
Republicans!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts