Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inattentively allowed a couple into my backseat with a food package last night, and now, after some 6,000 rides, my light grey seat fabric has a dark stain. I have cleaned it with fabric cleaner and thoroughly washed it out, but you can still see a light stain.

Any advice on next steps to try to banish the remainder of this stain?

And of course, absolutely no more food packages in the back seat, only people there, everything else into the trunk.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
I inattentively allowed a couple into my backseat with a food package last night, and now, after some 6,000 rides, my light grey seat fabric has a dark stain. I have cleaned it with fabric cleaner and thoroughly washed it out, but you can still see a light stain.

Any advice on next steps to try to banish the remainder of this stain?

And of course, absolutely no more food packages in the back seat, only people there, everything else into the trunk.
My first car had cloth seats. Darker grey and a more durable material, but.. I still had to clean them every couple weeks to get out the smell, and of course whenever there was a spill.

Use carpet cleaner, warm solution in spray bottle. Work it in and shop vac it out. Do this 10-20 times until the stain is gone. Will take 20 minutes or more.

Those seats are absolutely horrible for rs. Get vinyl or leather seat covers NOW. Cloth seats hold the perspiration and odors from pax, it builds up over time and then youve got a real problem. Not the least of which is reduced resale because car was obviously rs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts