Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,219 Posts
If Uber continues to bleed money, then as a company it will be gone... 2 billion down and still bleeding...

Investors will not continue to support it..

But ridesharing is here to stay, other players will come in..

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
The article, which I think has more to do with a hatred for Trump than Uber, correctly points out the needless drain on cash in China, India and with driverless taxis which will never eventuate unless all cars are autonomous.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I guess Go Catch or another company would fill the void.
A friend who drives for Go Catch sent me this recent email from them.
I thought capital raising meant they are running out of money ??!!
And they say 'you may be aware'. I did a web search and found nothing, so what does that say...??

You may be aware that we are coming to the close of a capital raise. We are excited about the potential of this round and for the future of GoCatch.

We believe in treating drivers as equals. As our valued driver community we want to give you the opportunity to be a part of ensuring that this great Australian story meets its full potential.

Many of you have reached out and enquired about how you can get involved in this investment round to continue to grow and expand GoCatch. We believe in a true partnership with drivers and that GoCatch is unique in this way. This is why we are calling for expressions of interest from our driver partners regarding investment opportunities.

If you are interested, please take a moment to fill out this short survey regarding investment opportunities to become an owner with GoCatch.

·
Registered
779 Posts
A friend who drives for Go Catch sent me this recent email from them.
I thought capital raising meant they are running out of money ??!!
And they say 'you may be aware'. I did a web search and found nothing, so what does that say...??

You may be aware that we are coming to the close of a capital raise. We are excited about the potential of this round and for the future of GoCatch.

We believe in treating drivers as equals. As our valued driver community we want to give you the opportunity to be a part of ensuring that this great Australian story meets its full potential.

Many of you have reached out and enquired about how you can get involved in this investment round to continue to grow and expand GoCatch. We believe in a true partnership with drivers and that GoCatch is unique in this way. This is why we are calling for expressions of interest from our driver partners regarding investment opportunities.

If you are interested, please take a moment to fill out this short survey regarding investment opportunities to become an owner with GoCatch.
I certainly wouldn't invest in GoCatch. They don't seem to have a compelling point of difference other than "we are Uber without surge pricing". I hope nobody puts their savings into this company unless they are willing to lose it all. At least the stock market is liquid, you can pull it out and cut your losses any time. Investing in a private company like GoCatch with little prospects of becoming a billion dollar company is very risky.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I certainly wouldn't invest in GoCatch. They don't seem to have a compelling point of difference other than "we are Uber without surge pricing". I hope nobody puts their savings into this company unless they are willing to lose it all. At least the stock market is liquid, you can pull it out and cut your losses any time. Investing in a private company like GoCatch with little prospects of becoming a billion dollar company is very risky.
Chances are you're right. But you would have said the same thing about Uber before it made it big.

·
Registered
419 Posts
correct!! Why suddenly after all?
They are going down and need some sort of plan to survive and they cant compete with uber.
No one will come close to uber in a meanwhile.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Chances are you're right. But you would have said the same thing about Uber before it made it big.
That's not true. Uber was hot at the time. Very high risk with all the legalities surrounding the taxi industry but there was a chance of making huge 1000x + returns on investment.

GoCatch however is just a sad copycat that came in too late. They can't even attract me as a driver or rider let alone as an investor.

They need to reinvent themselves or they will perish.

·
Premium Member
11,219 Posts
When has Uber made it big?

They haven't made a profit yet, lost $2 billion last year...

Uber is still bleeding...

Uber is banking on an IPO, even if they go public, the shares will tank....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.