1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Read Only
6,762 Posts
You ever order pizza delivery in the 90s or Chinese food? Or even in 2019?

no food delivery courier driver has insurance.
I’ve personally worked for a few pizza and Chinese spots before the word uber was even invented. Not one driver I ever met in my life had insurance. Sure it’s risky but if you get in accident just expect it to come from your pocket.

No on is gunna pay $625 a month to deliver pizza or uber.

Not justifying having no insurance but this is a massive common thing, wildly known but hardly spoken about.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hah and uber doesnt care what type of insurance you have as long as it's for driving and for the registered car. Sneaks man I was a kid in the 90s so I didnt know but
I never knew it was across the board now though with all delivery, figured it was only the wonderful ooooobehr

·
Read Only
6,762 Posts
Hah and uber doesnt care what type of insurance you have as long as it's for driving and for the registered car. Sneaks man I was a kid in the 90s so I didnt know but
I never knew it was across the board now though with all delivery, figured it was only the wonderful ooooobehr
It's literally every restaurant to ever offer delivery by car. I'd say 98 percent of them never had insurance as a business for their drivers and their drivers didn't have insurance for themselves. I've driven for big pizza places, no insurance on either end.

Same thing in 2019.

·
Registered
383 Posts

No sympathy at all for this girl. She should have researched what she was getting into.

Yes you need to tell your insurance if your delivering food or people
And if your delivering food you need commercial insurance or end up like her. Unaffordable isn't it?
This is the info rideshares don't share with you. Now she has no car, no insurance and I'm sure Uber will help, right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
For over 3 years I worked as a food delivery driver for a restaurant downtown and was making very good money until Uber eats came on scene. Never had to pay for "commercial insurance" as there's is no way to prove that I am doing delivery. Never had any issue. I could be buying food for myself or my family. And the only times I get tickets is when I'm waiting inside the restaurant for order. Got all them tickets cancelled too. Work smart people.

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is the info rideshares don't share with you. Now she has no car, no insurance and I'm sure Uber will help, right?
My insurance said the same when I began looking into ride share. I switched to a Rideshare friendly company, saved money and added a dual layer umbrella policy
All these eats drivers, aNd youre telling me they have commercial insurance? Lol I know it's true, but no one does it, so were all just taking a chance
yes you are and your insurance will not cover it!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I drive for ubereats and they said my insurance would go up 500 a month!!!. It's funny though because if I drove for regular uber it would go up at all (which makes no sense because it's more liability to have a person in the car)

Lets be very clear about something, if your ever in an accident you shut your mouth and OBVIOUSLY don't tell the insurance company your delivering food. It's not they can prove it lol

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
You ever order pizza delivery in the 90s or Chinese food? Or even in 2019?

no food delivery courier driver has insurance.
I've personally worked for a few pizza and Chinese spots before the word uber was even invented. Not one driver I ever met in my life had insurance. Sure it's risky but if you get in accident just expect it to come from your pocket.

No on is gunna pay $625 a month to deliver pizza or uber.

Not justifying having no insurance but this is a massive common thing, wildly known but hardly spoken about.
I did pizza delivery all throughout college. The essentials included;
- regular shirt under work shirt
- area in which to hide the pizza bag
- crappiest but most reliable car possible (91 corolla)
- if ever in a collision you say NOTHING and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about delivering pizza or working for a pizza place
- rosary (to pray you don't get into an accident)

I can vouch for rosaries - they work :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.