Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HEADING=2]Child at center of Renton AMBER Alert located; police looking for suspect[/HEADING]

IMG_2117-1.jpg

RENTON, Wash. - The 5-year-old girl at the center of an AMBER Alert out of Renton has been located, according to Renton Police.

The incident happened around 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Safeway parking lot off of Rainier Avenue South.

Police say the little girl's father left her in the car for a few seconds. The father is a delivery driver, and police say he was picking up an order.

"Almost all of us are parents and anything like this is just horrible. Just to think about what might possibly happen, as a human being, and as a parent, it just drives you to do the upmost that you can," said Commander Dave Leibman with Renton Police.

The 5-year-old child was found at 160th Street and International Boulevard in SeaTac around 2:30 p.m.

A business owner is the one who found the little girl and called police.

"My staff member and I went out just to check out, and this little girl rolled down her window; she was very brave and just looking for her dad," said Steven Watson.

Watson said they had noticed a suspicious car parked outside of the business for awhile. At this time, the Amber Alert had not been announced, and Watson did not know the seriousness of the situation.

"I'm glad it was here and not anywhere where she would have been in danger," he said.

Renton Police say the girl is in perfect health and was not harmed.

The suspect has not been found.

IMG_2116.jpg

·
Banned
8,822 Posts
This happens once a month. Everyone feels sorry for the parent.
Maybe the police should arrest the delinquent parent and these types of stupid things would stop. Didn't the last guy get a GoFundMe payout of 100k?

Leaving the keys in your car here is a crime also.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. The news stories are still bouncing around the facts of the abduction (picking up order or dropping off.) Still, the biggest mistake he made was leaving the car running with the kid inside. I've noticed a lot of food delivery vehicles in my neighborhood lately with kids inside while the parent drops off the food. The reason...Pandemic and schools closed while parents work.

·
Banned
8,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
I see this a lot now. It's becoming more and more common, mainly during the day. I'm not judging anyone as no one would do it if they really didn't need the money. However, do it as safe as possible, lock the door! In hot weather they would have to ensure they aren't going to kill their kid by having a heatstroke!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
[HEADING=2]Child at center of Renton AMBER Alert located; police looking for suspect[/HEADING]

View attachment 568841

RENTON, Wash. - The 5-year-old girl at the center of an AMBER Alert out of Renton has been located, according to Renton Police.

The incident happened around 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Safeway parking lot off of Rainier Avenue South.

Police say the little girl's father left her in the car for a few seconds. The father is a delivery driver, and police say he was picking up an order.

"Almost all of us are parents and anything like this is just horrible. Just to think about what might possibly happen, as a human being, and as a parent, it just drives you to do the upmost that you can," said Commander Dave Leibman with Renton Police.

The 5-year-old child was found at 160th Street and International Boulevard in SeaTac around 2:30 p.m.

A business owner is the one who found the little girl and called police.

"My staff member and I went out just to check out, and this little girl rolled down her window; she was very brave and just looking for her dad," said Steven Watson.

Watson said they had noticed a suspicious car parked outside of the business for awhile. At this time, the Amber Alert had not been announced, and Watson did not know the seriousness of the situation.

"I'm glad it was here and not anywhere where she would have been in danger," he said.

Renton Police say the girl is in perfect health and was not harmed.

The suspect has not been found.

View attachment 568839
I see drivers dragging along their kids, fat girlfriends/wifes or loser loking boyfriends/husbands... very unprofessional

I did UE with my 6 year old daughter once. I wasnt really crazy about it but I really needed money BADLY!!! Luckily, I have dark tints so nobody saw my daughter in the few minutes I left her in the back seat alone. Not something I'm proud of but drastic times call for drastic measures....
sad when someone so desperate for money... obviously you made bad choices in your life and you will contimue to do so...

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
sad when someone so desperate for money... obviously you made bad choices in your life and you will contimue to do so...
Sometimes yes but not always. Compassion and withholding judgement are sometimes graceful. There are times when people who have done all the right things in life get an unexpected circumstance that finds them desperately needing money to support their family. I admire the fighting spirit some have to not give up, load their kid in the car, and go make some money. HOWEVER, their children are more important than money so while it's a last resort only, it needs to be done with the child's safety first and foremost.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I don't have kids, but I do see children riding with their parents for delivery. I think what the parent has to look at, is making sure they obviously have the appropriate vehicle insurance, regardless if they're 'desperate' or not, and the demographic of where you're delivering. So for example, would you really tote your child around in a neighborhood that's riddled with tweakers and a high crime rate? Absolutely not. And that's the thing, the parent needs to know the demographic of your city if you plan on having your child tagalong.

Also, I think age range of the child is really important you're bringing with you, understands what you're doing and that you will be away for a short time. I don't feel sorry for these parents that leave their two year old in a vehicle while they're delivering there $4 McDonald's meal to an unsafe neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I see drivers dragging along their kids, fat girlfriends/wifes or loser loking boyfriends/husbands... very unprofessional

Bad choices is the story of my life ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts