Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
If you rely on it no, unless you're in one of the top 5 or so cities, like san Fran, seattle, nyc, Boston, etc., where the pay and tips are better.

If you have 3 or 4 apps on your phone like uber combined with other stuff you can do ok in bad cities if you work every day at the peak times.

Food deliveries mostly pan out during the lunch rush and dinner rush, so it's only reliably busy 5-6 hours, the other hours are hit or miss.

If you get a $15 order once an hour, or 2 $7.50 orders an hour, you'll make $75 to $100 working 2 3 hour shifts, sometimes more.

Take out the gas and working 6-7 days and it's really not worth the mileage on a newer car, or the repairs you will end up with on an old car.
Uber eats math .

15hr x 2 or 3 hours = 75 to 100.Got it!!!!
“If you get a $15 order once an hour, or 2 $7.50 orders an hour, you'll make $75 to $100 working 2 3 hour shifts, sometimes more.”

And some wonder why they do not make any money.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yesterday I worked (UE only) 10 hours 37 minutes straight. 4 pings. $42.

I could have made 2 more trips and earned a whopping $10 more (summarily) for an extra 16 miles (summarily).

This is why one needs to take everyone’s numbers in stride. You can jump through hoops, but if the pings aren’t there - they’re just not there.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
Yesterday I worked (UE only) 10 hours 37 minutes straight. 4 pings. $42.

I could have made 2 more trips and earned a whopping $10 more (summarily) for an extra 16 miles (summarily).

This is why one needs to take everyone’s numbers in stride. You can jump through hoops, but if the pings aren’t there - they’re just not there.
Yesterday got off Day job at 5:00 PM and got a whopping 2 pings for the night. No Eats pings, both were PAX pings. Unfortunately both pings took me away from my house so I had dead miles to return home. Oh well, still profitable rides, just not as profitable as I would like.

Only driving 4 days this week, No Friday - Sunday driving this week so I won't see much in earnings this week. Hopefully it will be enough to cover my expenses for the weekend trip I have planned.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Parting thoughts:

Stacked Orders:
I love them, rarely turn them down, about 50% of the time I have stacked orders. An example from today.
Got a hit $8.50, 10 minute run. On my way to the pick up, I get a second hit, same place, $5 more. Hear me out. Both drops were at the same apartment complex, so that $5 one you would all decline took an extra 90 seconds to complete. Turned a $8 run into $14 with zero effort. Happens every day with me. I encourage you to try it.

From the Wall Street Journal:
McDonald's, CHick-Fila and Wendy's companies told all franchisees to shut down their dining rooms, labor shortage, etc. Seems Starbucks has decided to just turn Uber off.

It also reports that sales with food delivery is way up. Only company trending down is InstaCart, and who does groceries? Not me?

There is money to be made, we just have to think outside the box.

Motivation tip:
Breakfast/lunch I shoot for 10 runs. 2 years of data tells me do 20 runs/day, and you exceed $150 everyday. At 1 p.m. today i was discouraged. 5 runs, $32, wanted to go home. But my 10 run rule made me stay out. 15 minutes later, when the rest of you gave up, I made $40/hour for the next 2 hours. I'm home early, over goal, and ready for weed/beer etc.

One last thing:
I stopped even looking at replies. No need. I am just going to post positive messages about what is working for me. Have fun debating and flaming me. I'm figuring this out and hitting my goals each day and week. My only interest is helping you be successful at this, like me. Don't hear anyone else hitting $1,000/week here. If you are great.

Good fortune, stay safe. good night.
For the life of me, I’ll never understand why you persist writing in a tone that generates nothing but animosity. Even after your very embarrassing door slamming, people went out of their way to welcome you back and pretend it never happened, but you insist on climbing your soapbox and acting as if everyone is against you and you’re this Hero of Hauling.

I give up.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yesterday got off Day job at 5:00 PM and got a whopping 2 pings for the night. No Eats pings, both were PAX pings. Unfortunately both pings took me away from my house so I had dead miles to return home. Oh well, still profitable rides, just not as profitable as I would like.

Only driving 4 days this week, No Friday - Sunday driving this week so I won't see much in earnings this week. Hopefully it will be enough to cover my expenses for the weekend trip I have planned.
I kinda expected this week to be slow, and that I’ll do only a couple trips. I did well per mile, I have to say. I guess my point is that for everyone making a killing in a busy market, there are a handful of those in slow markets making peanuts. That’s normal, but I don’t think it’s said enough. People just starting out have unrealistic expectations.

Until one actually goes out there and looks at their area - they’ll not know.

As much as I dislike to say this, it looks like for me to make decent (not great) money, I’ll need to go back to DD and my $1/mile standard. $2/mile is not working. Just not enough pings like that here.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Uber eats math .

15hr x 2 or 3 hours = 75 to 100.Got it!!!!
“If you get a $15 order once an hour, or 2 $7.50 orders an hour, you'll make $75 to $100 working 2 3 hour shifts, sometimes more.”

And some wonder why they do not make any money.
You misread it which is why you didn't understand math.

Not 2-3 hour shifts, but 2 separate 3 hour shifts, which would be lunch and dinner.

That will make 75-100.

Maybe more somedays but I dont stack up cheap runs hoping that I'll make $150.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I respect your input. Had thousands of dollars in bills to cover Wednesday, fixed annuity means same $ each month. cash flow issue, solved.

it has been said, "To see ourselves as others see us." How we see ourselves is not how others see us.

I am truly happy, but I am also very broken inside, really broken. So you are wise, I mean that. I had a really great life, and I also had a horrible life, really dark. This is an anonymous forum, we can all be honest here, and i appreciate your honest feedback.

Who cares what I say or think? You all our your own bosses and the CEO's of your life. I really hope that you all are doing well with Uber.

One thing I really value is honesty. Thank you.

SInce my posts seems to have attracted a lot of attention, and it is anonymous, in time i will share more about me, in the hopes that i could help others like me. It is a very dark story, but also a story of hope. I am not like any of you, in many ways, and most of it not good. Not a criminal, nothing like that. Much darker.
One thing you need to be careful about with annuities is that almost all (like pensions) give you the same amount every month.

It sounds fine at first, but when inflation kicks in and no adjustments are made to your check amount, you will feel the pinch pretty quickly.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts