Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can never ever get a reserved ping I specifically agreed to be online for. Everytime it goes missing to some other driver when I freaking agreed to accept it.. the **** is this shit? Lyft reservations I always got but Uber I can't get and it goes to some other driver despite me being online at the specified time. Uber had no way to contact them do so it is a mess.

A ping like this one is very good and looks to be Comfort ping. Higher than the $10 drivers normally earn, but sadly I get the reservation pings randomly when I'm online and pax is nearby, not when I specifically agreed to be online at exactly that time. Uber needs to fix this glitch.

World Font Map Line Urban design

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I refuse reservations, Uber always sends them early, Ive had ones expecting me to sit outside and wait for 25mins, no thanks, the wait time here is good, but I’m always worried they will make you wait the full time then cancel, and the cancel works out less then the wait fee

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I can never ever get a reserved ping I specifically agreed to be online for. Everytime it goes missing to some other driver when I freaking agreed to accept it.. the **** is this shit? Lyft reservations I always got but Uber I can't get and it goes to some other driver despite me being online at the specified time. Uber had no way to contact them do so it is a mess.

A ping like this one is very good and looks to be Comfort ping. Higher than the $10 drivers normally earn, but sadly I get the reservation pings randomly when I'm online and pax is nearby, not when I specifically agreed to be online at exactly that time. Uber needs to fix this glitch.

View attachment 615408
Why the hell would you go out of your way
for a 15 minute 10 mile trip anyway?
Those reservations come in live all
the time like a regular ping here.
I avoid them like the plague they are.
Not even to mention they steal the
sticky surge when you get em.
Nose Head Smile Hairstyle Eye

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
375 Posts
I don't think it's a glitch.

I think these get passed around a lot because no one takes them so they come out at the last minute.
Except it was accepted. Hard to take an accepted reservation when it gets given to someone else last minute.
Why the hell would you go out of your way
for a 15 minute 10 mile trip anyway?
Might not be out of the way. Could be start of a day. Either way, $20 for a 10mile ride isnt too bad of a fare, thats 2.00/mile gross, better than the 1.00-1.25 a lot of drivers aim for.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Lyft isn't much better, but at least the wait is shorter.
I've reserved a few Lyft scheduled rides, and when I went online to accept them, they gave me a different non-scheduled ride. When I asked Support about this, they say they do not guarantee that I'll actually get the ride I reserved. WTF???

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Except it was accepted. Hard to take an accepted reservation when it gets given to someone else last minute.

Might not be out of the way. Could be start of a day. Either way, $20 for a 10mile ride isnt too bad of a fare, thats 2.00/mile gross, better than the 1.00-1.25 a lot of drivers aim for.
They want you in order to even have a chance at getting it be online 40 unpaid minutes beforehand
I dont know about you but I'm not gonna sit there unpaid for 40 minutes with my thumb up my butt
I need to be getting paid for my time and be rolling
Preferably on at least a $5 surge
Not even to mention you might be screwing off only to find out they gave it to someone else

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
I accept reservation requests strategically, if it's a start of day or starting from a very active place, getting me close to home at the end of the night, etc... and it's well over $2 a mile I'll go for it. One VERY nice feature is that if you are there 5 minutes after the start time waiting and cancel as no show, or they cancel less than an hour before the start time, you get paid the full fare. I will use them to take a break, arrive 10 minutes before the trip start, let them know I'm there (many times they come down early) and then 5 min after trip start it's cancel as no show and get paid! If it's going to be busy and surging then these trips are usually a bad deal.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Understand this. There is no way the system is going to honor you the full fare if a reservation cancels in under an hour and cross your fingers that a support person is actually going to honor you with that fare. There's no guarantees and it's designed to wholly benefit the rider while leaving the driver in the dust. Been shafted two too many times on it, so they can forget about rezees with me.

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
Understand this. There is no way the system is going to honor you the full fare if a reservation cancels in under an hour and cross your fingers that a support person is actually going to honor you with that fare. There's no guarantees and it's designed to wholly benefit the rider while leaving the driver in the dust. Been shafted two too many times on it, so they can forget about rezees with me.
I've gotten 5 of them, 2 pax cancelled, 3 no shows. Got paid full fare on 4 of them, got $22 instead of $25.99 on the last one. So, yes, way. I do take a screen shot of the reservation just in case. Never had to use it.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I've gotten 5 of them, 2 pax cancelled, 3 no shows. Got paid full fare on 4 of them, got $22 instead of $25.99 on the last one. So, yes, way. I do take a screen shot of the reservation just in case. Never had to use it.
That's nice to hear. Maybe it has something to do with not updating my app. Did they pay you instantly or did you have to contact support to obtain the fare? Because it always comes across as $0.00 for me.

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
That's nice to hear. Maybe it has something to do with not updating my app. Did they pay you instantly or did you have to contact support to obtain the fare? Because it always comes across as $0.00 for me.
In all cases I got it automatically. We are talking about reservations you accept in advance not scheduled rides you got from a ping, correct? Scheduled rides are usually just like a regular ping only worse.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
In all cases I got it automatically. We are talking about reservations you accept in advance not scheduled rides you got from a ping, correct? Scheduled rides are usually just like a regular ping only worse.
Accepted reservations in advance. They aren't worth it to me any more. On the count of their repeated poor execution, they never really were. For me, I was required to be online an hour beforehand. I thought the concept was good and it needs some work, but they're not going to beef it up on the account of driver feedback.

·
12,456 Posts
I've been paid out the full amount on one in the rest have been considerably less. Be sure to go in and check the actual trip details because even though it says you were paid out whatever dollar amount, a lot of times you are not. When you go to cancel, it'll say you will be paid the full amount of the fare but your earnings will show a lesser amount. It'll generally been half of the price quoted at the time of cancellation. However, even the earnings amount is not accurate. It will show your earnings for let's say half of the total fare and it will in fact say you were paid half of the total fare but then they take their fees from that your paid even less!

So for example, here is a screenshot of a cancellation on a reserved ride
Product Font Magenta Logo Brand

Here are my earnings supposedly. It even says paid to you $33

Font Magenta Circle Number Screenshot

Yet when you go into your fare details, trip earnings show
Purple Pink Violet Magenta Font

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I've been paid out the full amount on one in the rest have been considerably less. Be sure to go in and check the actual trip details because even though it says you were paid out whatever dollar amount, a lot of times you are not. When you go to cancel, it'll say you will be paid the full amount of the fare but your earnings will show a lesser amount. It'll generally been half of the price quoted at the time of cancellation. However, even the earnings amount is not accurate. It will show your earnings for let's say half of the total fare and it will in fact say you were paid half of the total fare but then they take their fees from that your paid even less!

So for example, here is a screenshot of a cancellation on a reserved ride
View attachment 615684

Here are my earnings supposedly. It even says paid to you $33

View attachment 615685

Yet when you go into your fare details, trip earnings show
View attachment 615686
isnt a reserved ride the same as a scheduled one just accepted in advance?
I took one of those once and it screwed me
out of my sticky surge never again...
I bet uber made $10 on the reservation fee but kinda forgot they told you that you would get $33

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
I believe the rules for reserved rides are different and they are supposed to pay off in full after cancellation. I have gotten full freight on 4 out of 5 of my trips. @Daisey77 you got screwed on that one, I would fight back hard on that one. I can't get to the info about Reservations on my app because I don't have one now and Uber help is helpless.

Interesting: when I look it up on the passenger help it describes reservations in detail including cancellation fee (minimum trip fee) and they get a $10 Uber cash credit if we are late)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I'll do you one better. Took a reserved ride earlier and on the way I was getting other pings. Even though I accepted there was an error every time and I got charged 5 declines. Tool another one later, don't ask me why, and the same thing happened. Had to turn X off completely. Of course they won't knock the declines off either. Rather it'd been like every other time and just not gotten a ping at all.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
I keep one eye open for Lyft scheduled rides if they are close to home and going towards work.

Last week, took a 5am $30 reservation for Lyft... and they canceled on me out the door

"Something wrong... ride canceled"

Arghh...

Will remember to screen shot

1 - 20 of 24 Posts