Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have factory OEM rubber (winter package) and carpet mats. All my mats move except the drivers side.

My question is how can I get my floor mats from moving and still be able to easily remove them so I can clean them and etc? Does anyone have any advice, I am sure someone else has run into this problem besides me.

Plus I don't if weathertech would be a good idea or not, if I did go that route wouldn't those move as well?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have factory OEM rubber (winter package) and carpet mats. All my mats move except the drivers side.

My question is how can I get my floor mats from moving and still be able to easily remove them so I can clean them and etc? Does anyone have any advice, I am sure someone else has run into this problem besides me.

Plus I don't if weathertech would be a good idea or not, if I did go that route wouldn't those move as well?
Get a roll of industrial-strength Velcro tape and apply the hard (hook) side to the bottom edges of your floor mats. That will keep them from moving and they will still be removable.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I bought 3D maxpider floor mats from Amazon.com
They are like WeatherTech and form fit "buckets" to hold mud or barf.
I looked at them, added them to my list, and signed off.
When I signed on they were suddenly reduced to $25 for the back seat floor covers.

I purchased the back seat set for $25 and could not be happier.
They do not move around at all. They keep the pax feet off my carpet and are like a little barf bucket if needed.

Which ever brand is less expensive, they are very simular. Form fitting and waterproof.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought 3D maxpider floor mats from Amazon.com
They are like WeatherTech and form fit "buckets" to hold mud or barf.
I looked at them, added them to my list, and signed off.
When I signed on they were suddenly reduced to $25 for the back seat floor covers.

I purchased the back seat set for $25 and could not be happier.
They do not move around at all. They keep the pax feet off my carpet and are like a little barf bucket if needed.

Which ever brand is less expensive, they are very simular. Form fitting and waterproof.
I think I will check these out too. I gotta get something soon.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
If you get the WeatherTech mats for your specific car none will move.
There are Weathertech MATS but also the floor liner that is form fitting. Not sure which you're talking about.

I put in the Weathertech liners (front and back and hatchback floor) and have the factory mats stored. If he already has a rubber floor liner why even use mats?

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Yeah I have looked at these before but these seem expensive, however, I may just buy them bc I do spend alot of time vacuuming my floors.

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/201...floor-retention-device-type/dual-floor-posts/
That's what I have. My rear is all one piece though. Kia soul doesn't have much of a ***** hump I guess being higher up. I take them out, scrub them a little and leave them to dry once a month while I go to the car wash. The rest of the time they're easy to vacuum and wipe down. I'll never own a car without them from now on, Uber or no Uber.

If you really want carpeted mats on top of them go to Big Lots or Amazon and get some generic $20 set to put on top. I wouldn't use the driver one though. My pax have only said good things about mine though.

·
Registered
606 Posts
That's a quick and cheap solution. I like the Weathertech because they will hold the mess like a bowl though.
I just too cheap to invest in anything uber related. Lol it helps that I have a steam cleaner at home to suck up liquid messes and stuff or I'd have the good stuff too.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
WeatherTech are made in the U.S.
If they cost near the same go with the WeatherTech.

Having a floor liner has saved my carpet. In over 2000 rides, I suspect I have had over 4500-5000 people in my car. The carpet would be a smoking hole by now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WeatherTech are made in the U.S.
If they cost near the same go with the WeatherTech.

Having a floor liner has saved my carpet. In over 2000 rides, I suspect I have had over 4500-5000 people in my car. The carpet would be a smoking hole by now.
yeah I think I will go with them, I just hate to have to spend almost $200 for them, but I think in the long run it will be worth, especially since winter is coming up.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
yeah I think I will go with them, I just hate to have to spend almost $200 for them, but I think in the long run it will be worth, especially since winter is coming up.
In Toledo you will need "mud tubs". Go with the WeatherTech liners.
Look for a deal. One trick is to add them to your Amazon cart, and sign off.
Wait a day, and suddenly they offer you a discount next time you log on.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just plan to write off some WeatherTechs on my taxes as a business expense, so I would rather invest in some higher quality mats.

Reactions: pbracing33b

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Both the 3D MAXpider and WeatherTech are high quality.
You only get a small percentage as a tax write off.
I would go with the American made unless you got a deal like I did.

Then it is Uber finances.. gotta go with the least expensive.
3D MAXpider have worked well, and have lasted long. I could not pass up high quality floor liners for $25.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I will go directly through weathertech that way if there are any issues they will prob orrect them easier thsn amazon would. Plus I can get insurance too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts