Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was up with the flooding at the TNC pickup spot yesterday? I went to the airport a 2-3 times yesterday morning. The water was about 6-8” deep right before turning into the TNC pickup garage, but we easily drove through it.

Then around noon, an airport employee prevented all TNC cars from going to the TNC pickup location due to the flooding. He told me to go to the arrivals curb (downstairs) and text/call my pax with my pillar location. Fair enough and good information/suggestion. Then I saw the line of cars going into the arrival pickup area. What a clusterfudge and major backup.

I cancelled my pickup, went upstairs, and left the airport with my U/L apps turned offline. I did notice a sharply increasing surge at the airport as I left. I was tempted to turn around and collect that surge, but decided the Mueller area was a better opportunity (and it was). I didn’t want to wait 20-30 mins. to get to my pax and all of the associated traffic BS.

For those who braved the airport TNC pickup detour and went to the downstairs curb to pickup, how long was it getting to your pax?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Just wait for the 100+ degree days and the affects a few 100 cars and hour dumping carbon monoxide fumes in the garage as they cycle through and wait for pickups has.

Passengers will surely be affected.

Traffic Slowdowns while ambulances are treating heat exhaustion or worse

Maybe we will see someone stroke out or die?

It is not far fetched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.