Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With it being so hard to catch a valuable surge ride, I think its time to push for flat rate trips to the airport. I think $25 after ubers cut from downtown/midtown is fair and give or take a little for the other areas. That would help all drivers out ALOT. I think if its not surging and u got a airport run it should be flat rate and if u catch a surge ride and they happen to go to the airport, then the fare should be regular street rate multiplied by the surge pricing. I think thats fair for everybody. Drivers and riders

·
Registered
793 Posts
With it being so hard to catch a valuable surge ride, I think its time to push for flat rate trips to the airport. I think $25 after ubers cut from downtown/midtown is fair and give or take a little for the other areas. That would help all drivers out ALOT. I think if its not surging and u got a airport run it should be flat rate and if u catch a surge ride and they happen to go to the airport, then the fare should be regular street rate multiplied by the surge pricing. I think thats fair for everybody. Drivers and riders
You must have driven during tomorroworld or something...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
There used to be a flat rate on X and Black from downtown/midtown/buckhead. It was $35/$45/$55 (X) and $65$/75 for Black from DT and MT/Buckhead...Black also had a flat rate from Dunwoody and Sandy Springs if $100 and $105 from Alpharetta.

Those days are gone, though a metered rate on black can be more of an advantage than a flat rate in certain areas. For UberX you're screwed no matter what.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
For UberX you're screwed no matter what.
...and why pool from the airport? With queue you won't get a match at the airport unless Uber jumps the queue to match and you most certainly aren't going to get a match on the highway going North. From my experience at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts