Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Yeah i mean a nick or two is one thing....but me and Jbeck saw a guy at lax in a honda where the ENTIRE front end was only done in primer.

Then a pigeon did the unspeakable and she had to leave.....

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Hey mandreyka you around?

As the head of the "busting Adieu 's chops for driving a cheap, semi-DIY beater" party, what say you?

How do I measure up to the different color body panels XLs and mismatched rims & fake M3 badges Selects at LAX these days??

·
Registered
5,018 Posts

As the head of the "busting Adieu 's chops for driving a cheap, semi-DIY beater" party, what say you?

How do I measure up to the different color body panels XLs and mismatched rims & fake M3 badges Selects at LAX these days??
Put a rubber ducky as your hood ornament and you'll get instant everytype of uber status and not have pool pings allowed to your account.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Ooooooo.

Honest question: what do you have to deal with on xl that most people wouldn't think of?
Can you think of an overload level that would make a lifted Expedition pop a squat???? Normal, un-shot springs with tons of clearance in the back... no busted linkin airbag suspensions or anything..

Automotive tire Tread Grey Art Font

Also if streets....most people wouldnt think of it, but there exists a problem known as "third row STEALTH PUKERS" that can ONLY be remedied with captain chairs, panoramic mirrors, and highpowered aftermarket interior LEDs...

·
Premium Member
70,429 Posts
Probably has a shtick "well, unfortunantly no one is tipping me, so don't have enough side money to get it fixed"
LOWER RATES MEAN " HOOPTY" RIDES !"

Side Hustle #

Working animal Sculpture Statue Toy Font
Put a rubber ducky as your hood ornament and you'll get instant everytype of uber status and not have pool pings allowed to your account.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
It's like the luck of the draw these days. Didn't do any rideshare this past weekend but did request a total of 4 rides to get to restaurants. One car was older and the inside resembled a used ashtray. The second car was average. The last two were SUVs. Both nice. One was brand new. I requested a regular Lyft all four times but I was surprised that two of the four requests were SUVs. No PT either. Base rides. :\

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Rant

I see so many banged up cars these days.

Leads me to think Pax have sympathy for somebody with a screwed-up car. WTF Pax WTF uber.

I hate Tuesdays
Drives me nuts when they are dents that can be pulled out with a suction cup, and rubbed out in two minutes, some times I think I could make a little extra cash doing 20.00 a pop dent reductions

·
Banned
485 Posts
Rant

I see so many banged up cars these days.

Leads me to think Pax have sympathy for somebody with a screwed-up car. WTF Pax WTF uber.

I hate Tuesdays
Uber drivers are either too poor to fix their cars or there running them into the ground doing uber full time to maximize their profit. Only reason to fix an uber car is if its so badly damaged that it will get you deactivated.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts

Yours is fine IMO, pax like bigger cars and more leg room.

I get 1-2 pay all the time on XL, they have come over from select because select is a rip off when compared to XL.

Last week I had 2 biz pax going from blue water grill (stacked as I dropped there) back to the island hotel.

She said she used select the day before and got a tiny BMW or something that she could hardly get into and the dude she was with gave me a $20.

I would take your ride over a minivan all day

·
Registered
398 Posts
Uber drivers are either too poor to fix their cars or there running them into the ground doing uber full time to maximize their profit. Only reason to fix an uber car is if its so badly damaged that it will get you deactivated.
I think the title of this thread should be 'DON'T fix your car'. When passengers and Uber realize how many unsafe vehicles are driving around, maybe they'll both be willing to pay a little more. Maybe Uber/Lyft will realize that a lawsuit for an accidental death in vehicle they've played a major role in being run into the ground by skimming more and more of drivers' fares EDD not paying enough for vehicle depreciation PLUS a living wage is more expensive then simply seeing that drivers get the cut that we initially signed up for (It's like playing poker with the biggest ******** imaginable.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.