Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we are approaching our one year anniversary of ride sharing in Upstate NY, I figure it would be a good time to share some short stories and other items.

First Ride:
890 Walden Ave to Galleria Mall. 223pm June 29th, made $4.05

Best Ride:
$118 on a 500% PZ from Chippewa to Orchard Park Village area.

Shortest Ride:
.23 miles from Curtis Hotel to Westin Hotel on Delaware/Chippewa

Longest Ride:
36 Miles from Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls to Transit Rd in Orchard Park

Best Rider:
The extremely attractive mid 40s bisexual who decided to pleasure herself in my front seat, completely naked.

Worst Rider:
Stupid UB chick who vomited all over my shoulder on the very first night I had the minivan.

(Also a 1A to Indians, IT types not native americans)

Best Driver:
Me

Worst Driver:
Any one who reads this

MIA Driver:
There was a guy who owned a Honda CRV, had a light up planet on his antennae then bought some LED light pole that was like 4 feet high hanging off his rear bumper...havent seen him in months

Next....

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm only at 9 months since I got a late start. Don't feel like looking up all of these so there are from memory.

First Ride:
Oct 18th, Elmwood OTB to Buff State. Forgot to actually start the trip so I drove 5 minutes in the wrong direction before realizing I never stared the trip. Ended up with a minimum.

Best Ride:
$91 and 3.8 XL from Soho to Harris Hill in Lancaster. This was the same night as your whale ride Merc. Picked up Zach Bogosian and his friends and dropped him off at his house. There was a Kan Jam event he hosted after the Vegas Knights game in March.

Shortest Ride:
.24 miles, I think. Picked up from Mother's on Virginia St and dropped off at Colter Bay. Would have been shorter to walk but it was 10 degree out and the snow was higher than the womans heels.

Worst Ride:
I have a few asshats that come to mind. The first group of 6 bros that sneaked in booze, then left empty cans in my car. Felt like turning the radio up to 35 and complained that I couldn't get them 2 car lengths closer to Cantina Loco at prime party time, because it was raining. The 2 chicks that I thought were going to start fighting in the back seat on a pickup from Marchella. One let out a screen so loud that if I hadn't been deadass in the middle of the 33, I'd have pulled over and kicked them out. They'd sort of made up by the time I got done. Anyone that I catch drinking or that thinks turning up the radio so loud that I can't hear them in the front seat next to me.

I am the best driver.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m only at 9 months as well...

First ride: a very pretty girl from NYC who took a bus to Buffalo for a wedding, and wanted me to take her to Ft. Erie. I had to drop her at the Duty Free on the Peace Bridge as I couldn’t cross with the ipack twins on me.

Best ride: a group of very happy drunks from Riverworks to Allentown during a surge. Turned a normal $12 fee to me into an $85 fee, plus they gave me a $35 cash tip.

Shortest ride: from SEAR steakhouse on Delaware to BadaBing on Chippewa,- all of a few hundred feet. Of course it was raining heavily at the time...

Longest ride: a one way from the bus terminal in downtown Buffalo to the bus terminal in Cleveland, OH. 180 miles each way, but a deadhead back. Never again without a cash tip up front for the deadhead portion.

Best ride: the very, very hot MILF with an incredible rack from Buffalo who I took home from work one night. She said let’s party; bought smokes, beer, and whiskey on the way; told me she was not going to have sex with me. And then when I said OK, she took me home and to her bed anyway. And she even tipped!

Worst ride: the east side drug dealer and his 500#+ bodyguard wh then proceeded to do actual drug sales out of my car on the trip to the lower west side. I was very fearful of being shot on that ride, and kept one hand on the wheel, and the other one pointed at them under my coat the entire ride.

There were a few other contenders, be these two took the cheese.

Best driver: It is I, Spartacus!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
First Ride:
June 30th. Allen Street Hardware to Kenmore. No Tip.

Best Ride:
Got a $50 tip from some guy who thought he was getting out at some chicks house and she told him he wasn't coming in. I accidentally ended the trip early thinking they were both getting out. He asked if I could take him home without hitting the app again, said it was just 5 minutes away, said sure, just throw me a couple bucks, the $50 bill was the smallest thing in his wallet.

Shortest Ride:
Bottoms Up to MES during a huge surge. (they were from out of town and didn't realize how close it was)

Longest Ride:
Saturday night, Hertel, a stop in Cheektowaga, then North of Lockport. Trust me, you don't want to be north of Lockport at 2AM on a Saturday night, totally killed my mojo. *****es didn't tip either.

Best Rider:
Picked up two slow adults at the movie's at the Galleria and drove them to their group home. They were older and super nice and left a $10 tip. Or the Korean War Vet I drove to Niagara Falls, was just a super nice interesting guy. Finally, the hottie that tried to get me to come into hardware who told me she likes to grind on men, still kicking myself for not going in.

Worst Rider:
The D Bag who kept hitting my red fedora on Dyngus day and then when leaving took it off my head and asked is he could have it. Dropped about 20 F Bombs at this ahole, only time I have sworn in anger at anyone. Second, the chick I took to buy crack on E. Delevan who lit up in the car. Finally, all the bad mothers who waste my time trying to put their babies and toddlers in my car without a car seat.

Best Driver: Me of course, 2500 rides, 4.91 Uber rating, 101 badges, 29 notes including "love you"

Worst Driver; Anyone with those pink lighted Lyft signs, that just shows you are driving Lyft wayyyyyyy too much. Anyone who sits in the airport queue.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive done the lockport ride before, where I ended up near the canals, it sucks out there. Thankfully, it was from Chippewa and the last ride of thr night...also followed it up with a nearby request from some girl doing the walk of shame....

Also, want to buy a pink lighted lyft sign??? LOL.

Anyone see that ******bag who had the pink lyft mustache on the front of his car too....that guy is the worst driver.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
LOL, not the signs I was selling, mine had Uber too! Unfortunately, they were all defective and I had to throw them all away. Didn't realize it until I sold a few and then it was too late to return them. Damn Chinese!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Oooh, forget the longest ride. Pickup at EB Greens and dropped off at the Rochester airport. He was flying back after being in on business and his Buffalo departure flight got cancelled. It was a 25% PT so that ended up being my 3rd highest single fare but the tool didn't tip.

Honorable mention to mom's without car seats as worst riders. That jogged my memory as I'd forgotten about the XL pickup from Dave and Busters at the mall going to just south of the fruit belt. Her little shits around 10ish years old got out and slammed the doors as hard as they could then hitting the doors as they walked around behind my car. First time I ever thought about getting out after a ride was over but I didn't want to get mugged.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Since we are approaching our one year anniversary of ride sharing in Upstate NY, I figure it would be a good time to share some short stories and other items.

First Ride:
890 Walden Ave to Galleria Mall. 223pm June 29th, made $4.05

Best Ride:
$118 on a 500% PZ from Chippewa to Orchard Park Village area.

Shortest Ride:
.23 miles from Curtis Hotel to Westin Hotel on Delaware/Chippewa

Longest Ride:
36 Miles from Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls to Transit Rd in Orchard Park

Best Rider:
The extremely attractive mid 40s bisexual who decided to pleasure herself in my front seat, completely naked.

Worst Rider:
Stupid UB chick who vomited all over my shoulder on the very first night I had the minivan.

(Also a 1A to Indians, IT types not native americans)

Best Driver:
Me

Worst Driver:
Any one who reads this

MIA Driver:
There was a guy who owned a Honda CRV, had a light up planet on his antennae then bought some LED light pole that was like 4 feet high hanging off his rear bumper...havent seen him in months

Next....
Your "best rider". WTF? Was she drunk?

·
Registered
387 Posts
First Ride: turned on the app at my home in the Tonawanda, got an immediate ping 2 streets over. 3 40-something dudes wanting to go downtown. $14 fare and they tipped me $10 cash. I couldn't believe it was that easy LOL...I was hooked from that point on!

Longest ride: from near the UB Amherst campus to down near Westfield (about 20 miles south of Sunset Bay. $60 fare plus $30 tip and I used destination filter on the way back to get a couple short rides. Great guys too.

Shortest ride: I cant remember but probably one of many rides I get on a Saturday afternoon downtown - people in town for a wedding going from their hotel to a nearby church. Had a lot of those.

Best surge rides: $45 to take a desparate UB North student to the airport in a 4X surge. $65 to take 2 young ladies from downtown to Town of Tonawanda on New Years Eve in a 5X surge.

Best rider: No single one stands out, but 2 rides that both involved single attractive female passengers who actually seemed interested in talking to a middle aged old fart like me, had fares in the $20 range and they tipped me upwards of $20. I remember thinking after both of those rides...doesn't get any better than this (without committing adultery that is).

Worse rider: good god where should I start: the all time worse may have been the 4-500 pound man named Roman (BEWARE THIS MAN!) who brought a large plate of breakfast food into my car, but who smelled so bad I had to get the car detailed before I could drive again. Also, his trip involved a "dropoff" of a package in the hood.

Worse post trip experience: when I dropped off the prostitute at the Scottish Inn in Tonawanda, and was promptly surrounded by 3 Town of Ton cops who thought I was her pimp or a John. Was questioned and released!

Most annoying general part of this gig: Lyft and their annoying 15-plus mile pings. Hood rats in general. People who don't shower or wash their clothes. People who say, "I'll tip you in the app". Drunk middle aged white women, and pukers (two of the reasons I quit night driving).

All in all I am happy that this has come to Buffalo, and I enjoy it most of the time!

Oh, and one last category I made up:

Worse "almost" rider: the woman near UB south I couldnt find her so I asked her to request another driver who could find her. She left me this message: It's an oldie but goodie that deserves to be dusted off and played once in a while. Enjoy!

https://clyp.it/endn0wjj

Reactions: rideshare2870

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Worse "almost" rider: the woman near UB south I couldnt find her so I asked her to request another driver who could find her. She left me this message: It's an oldie but goodie that deserves to be dusted off and played once in a while. Enjoy!

https://clyp.it/endn0wjj
This is great! What did your supervisor have to say about you not being able to read directions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
First ride: 581 North St to 3 Upton Park, Rochester, NY, 2.41 miles made $3.88

Best ride: $22 + a $10 tip RIT to Farmington.

Shortest Ride: 432 Chili Ave to 509 Chili Ave .1 miles. Laundry run.

Longest Ride: 91.22 miles RIT to Syracuse

Best Ride: After getting stuck in Farmington NY, I got a rider who needed to go RIT housing which is .5 miles from my house

Worst Ride: Picking up a drunk to go to the hardware store because he somehow broke his toilet. The guy promised he would only be in the store for 5 minutes and wanted a ride back to his house. After 10 minutes, I go into the hardware store and the guy is nowhere to be found. I leave the hardware store and there is the riders. We get into the car and I start driving him home. I asked he where he a been, he start telling how he went another exit and was riding around on the someone's custom bike. Instant 1 star.

Best Driver: 1092 rides 4.94 rating and 89 badges

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your "best rider". WTF? Was she drunk?
She had a few in her Yes....lol. She was worked up because he semi attractive coworker was gonna let her do the dirty to her womanhood but then left early....she was frustrated and had to let it out...I was fine with...she tipped me $38 cash on top of it

First ride: 581 North St to 3 Upton Park, Rochester, NY, 2.41 miles made $3.88

Best ride: $22 + a $10 tip RIT to Farmington.

Shortest Ride: 432 Chili Ave to 509 Chili Ave .1 miles. Laundry run.

Longest Ride: 91.22 miles RIT to Syracuse

Best Ride: After getting stuck in Farmington NY, I got a rider who needed to go RIT housing which is .5 miles from my house

Worst Ride: Picking up a drunk to go to the hardware store because he somehow broke his toilet. The guy promised he would only be in the store for 5 minutes and wanted a ride back to his house. After 10 minutes, I go into the hardware store and the guy is nowhere to be found. I leave the hardware store and there is the riders. We get into the car and I start driving him home. I asked he where he a been, he start telling how he went another exit and was riding around on the someone's custom bike. Instant 1 star.

Best Driver: 1092 rides 4.94 rating and 89 badges
How much do those badges pay??? LOL

The only one I dont have is Late Night Hero....and all I do is drive late night...dont get it.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
She had a few in her Yes....lol. She was worked up because he semi attractive coworker was gonna let her do the dirty to her womanhood but then left early....she was frustrated and had to let it out...I was fine with...she tipped me $38 cash on top of it

The only one I dont have is Late Night Hero....and all I do is drive late night...dont get it.
I got a late night badge for scooping up someone who got a flat tire at 10pm in the southtowns. They had so much potholes down there at the point in time but they're all patched up now. It was a long ride plus I came in within minutes of her requesting a ride.

·
Registered
277 Posts

I wear my late night hero badge proudly lol

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, that stuff gets swiped quickly to the garbage can.

Being the one year anniversary, I wanted to brag about that early days money we were banking...read em and weep boys:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property Number

I will probably make less tonight because there are more drivers now

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.