Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first week UI required a job search report.
I used career builder, LinkedIn and indeed.
I had to have one actual company so I used Doordash.
It's kind of complicated because they want you to search for a full time job.
Anyone else have to start adding job search information to your weekly claim ?

·
Premium Member
16,382 Posts
I had to have one actual company so I used Doordash.
I'm sorry, one needs to 'apply' to be a doordash driver? Not sure a 'gig' position would count, but who knows.

And yes, EDD expects one to work full time as the default.

Reactions: Jimmy44

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry, one needs to 'apply' to be a doordash driver? Not sure a 'gig' position would count, but who knows.

And yes, EDD expects one to work full time as the default.
When I hit submit button it verified that Doordash counted but Tuesday will tell as that is pay day for UI.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I hit submit button it verified that Doordash counted but Tuesday will tell as that is pay day for UI.
My 500 UI showed up in my checking account as pending today. So Doordash was considered a job by UI.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed, even the local Popeye's in my rural Southern hamlet is advertising $12/hr. :eek: I just went there today, and saw new faces that usually aren't working such jobs.
Plus you park your car in the parking lot with no wear and tear or depreciation.

·
Premium Member
16,382 Posts
Yes but mileage is big factor in value
value? You aren't confusing depreciation with value are you?

The biggest factor in depreciation IS time. Lessor factors are zip code, mileage, options and overall condition. But then we are back to value, which is very different from net book value. Oh, sorry accounting terms no allowed here. I forgot.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
value? You aren't confusing depreciation with value are you?

The biggest factor in depreciation IS time. Lessor factors are zip code, mileage, options and overall condition. But then we are back to value, which is very different from net book value. Oh, sorry accounting terms no allowed here. I forgot.
Big brother is watching be careful

1 - 19 of 19 Posts