Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I laid under the radar for 3 months with 15-20% acceptance rates just ignoring the pings. Took the advice of the forum and started quickly accepting/cancelling got me with a warning for deactivation!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I laid under the radar for 3 months with 15-20% acceptance rates just ignoring the pings. Took the advice of the forum and started quickly accepting/cancelling got me with a warning for deactivation!
Long thread in LA forum about this topic known as skipping.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Long thread in LA forum about this topic known as skipping.
I haven't read that thread, but do they talk about the wording of the partner contract? It says "You shall have no obligation to the Company to accept any Request."

There it is, plain as day. No obligation to accept any request. But then it says "Following acceptance of a Request, however, you must perform the Request in accordance with the User's specifications. Failure to provide promised services on an accepted Request shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement."

I'd suspect that legally, we're on more solid ground by simply ignoring calls instead of accepting and cancelling.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I will continue to ignore. Thanks Drive!!
Yes. Do what you need to do to make $ .
I have rules that I follow & do not accept rides that are more than 10 min away, riders that have low ratings, if I'm in surge & they are not, & if they put their pin somewhere without an address. ( ie: the middle of ocean, on a highway, in a tunnel, middle of a park, on a bridge). & These are actual requests I have received. I know they made a mistake but I'm not wasting time figuring out where they are. Not my job..
Sorry Uber I want a real address. some people need to learn how to use the app.

I really don't worry about acceptance rate anymore. But I was also warned once about cancelling rides after accepting them about a year ago.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts