Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I received 2 postmate orders from apple store in the same day. One order is $21 (4 miles) and another order(double stack) is $34 (2.2 miles). Both had large trip supplement, $18 and $21. What is the deal? I like it though.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Just wait until you get a false claim. The driver never delivered my iPhone or iPad.
Actually, I could see that happening or vice versa, where the driver does steal the iPad or Apple device. Although, stealing an Apple device as of today, it’s absolutely worth nothing, because the serial number is locked until the owner activate the device, and if Apple bricks the device, it’s not worth anything.

·
6,142 Posts
People still steal them for parts. Genuine apple parts apparently sell for good money.

Reactions: Invisible

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
As a Postmates driver I did several Apple deliveries up to 4 deliveries per pickup. I quit taking them because I never received a single tip and getting into an Apple Store in a busy mall was a pain. Also as a Postmates driver I found the pay so low I refused everything except for LiquorBarn where tips were sometimes very good for awhile. So changing the subject a little... when Liquor Barn started their on deliveries with their own van, I would still get a Postmates request now and then but with no or little tip and sometimes the worst of the worst apartment complexes in bad areas of town. My suspicion was that Liquor Barn would give the highest tip orders to their own drivers. I finally quit Postmates deliveries altogether. I also get an occasional Liquor Barn order for Doordash that I also decline. Postmates was very deceptive on Liquor Barn orders because they say customers have the ability to tip after the delivery. My experience however was that Liquor Barn customers were not using the Postmates app to make the order and had no way to tip afterwards and often never heard of Postmates (which seems very deceptive to the Postmates driver). I suspect Apple customers also have no way to tip after a delivery and that Uber is misleading their drivers on possible tips as well.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
As a Postmates driver I did several Apple deliveries up to 4 deliveries per pickup. I quit taking them because I never received a single tip and getting into an Apple Store in a busy mall was a pain. Also as a Postmates driver I found the pay so low I refused everything except for LiquorBarn where tips were sometimes very good for awhile. So changing the subject a little... when Liquor Barn started their on deliveries with their own van, I would still get a Postmates request now and then but with no or little tip and sometimes the worst of the worst apartment complexes in bad areas of town. My suspicion was that Liquor Barn would give the highest tip orders to their own drivers. I finally quit Postmates deliveries altogether. I also get an occasional Liquor Barn order for Doordash that I also decline. Postmates was very deceptive on Liquor Barn orders because they say customers have the ability to tip after the delivery. My experience however was that Liquor Barn customers were not using the Postmates app to make the order and had no way to tip afterwards and often never heard of Postmates (which seems very deceptive to the Postmates driver). I suspect Apple customers also have no way to tip after a delivery and that Uber is misleading their drivers on possible tips as well.
People usually only tip for Food delivery and Grocery delivery. So, instacart would have been better than doing post mates.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Well, the customer had to meet me and sign in the app and then I scanned the package before handed to him/her.
That’s good, and if you enjoy it, more power to you. I just would be cautious because some customers, who have no morals, will probably find a way to lie, like saying they never signed in app or something similar.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Uber eats is taking over postmates and postmates delivers a lot of walmart and apple orders so expect a huge increase in both. I believe postmates is supposed to be over end of May.

Out of sheer luck someone told me about Point Pickup yesterday, which is also doing walmart deliveries and acme (so far in my area that's what I've seen). It's not bad if you like walmart orders. (No one likes walmart orders but they could be very profitable!) Point pickup is very easy to be accepted for if you are an Uber reject.

·
Premium Member
4,502 Posts
as an OG San Francisco PostPeep I concur the system now is changed instead of a delivery for the customer it is a delivery for the store and PostMates is legendary for paying nothing.

On the subject Cheers Liquors on Fillmore st started doing their own pickups that say Gupta for company name avoid it unless you just want a delivery with $0 tip

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s good, and if you enjoy it, more power to you. I just would be cautious because some customers, who have no morals, will probably find a way to lie, like saying they never signed in app or something similar.
Thanks for the head up. I will be taking some consideration before accepting any order from Postmate.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Sounds like Apple understands what real security measures are.
They do, and always have. There’s a reason why they’re number one in ‘big tech’ in terms of encryption services, 2 FA security, Face ID and their bounty programs for locating malicious hacks is unmatched.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Eats is much better run than Postmates. Eats is a joy of an experience for me. Look forward to the takeover...should be a big plus

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
First day for me getting Walmart orders on eats and made a lot more money than w Postmates ... have you gotten any tips from Walmart deliveries on the app? I haven’t gotten any yet except for a cash tip

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
First day for me getting Walmart orders on eats and made a lot more money than w Postmates ... have you gotten any tips from Walmart deliveries on the app? I haven’t gotten any yet except for a cash tip
I have done a couple so far and usually the pay is so high I don’t mind not getting tipped. Out of the few I’ve done only one has tipped me. So I don’t think it’s a common thing to happen. But I’m fine with it if they keep paying out well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just landed on this forum trying out how to tip my Apple delivery courier after the fact. Apple makes no mention of the fact the delivery comes from Uber / Postmates. I expected FedEx or something similar. Didn't figure it out until later, reading the package label, that it was postmates driver. Now I feel like an ass for offering no tip. This should be made clear by Apple at the time of purchase.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I just landed on this forum trying out how to tip my Apple delivery courier after the fact. Apple makes no mention of the fact the delivery comes from Uber / Postmates. I expected FedEx or something similar. Didn't figure it out until later, reading the package label, that it was postmates driver. Now I feel like an ass for offering no tip. This should be made clear by Apple at the time of purchase.
Thank you for the concern, but we already know there is likely no tip on apple orders, but there is usually a large bonus.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
HERE IS SOMETHING I always found funny about these Apple orders. I used to take them, pre-covid, in another area, on Postmates. I switched areas when Covid started for reasons that may be obvious. Anyway, I kept getting offers all the time from the Apple Store in my new area. Several a day. Always long lines outside (this was a brick and mortar store) and I never once accepted one. Fast forward to last week. It was slow and I literally just happen to drive past the store on a Sunday and they did not seem to busy. All of a sudden, phone goes off for a pickup there. I said, you know what, sure. I went in there and grabbed the order. It was two drop offs. I did them with no issues. After that, I have received zero offers since. I found that very odd. I feel maybe Uber just wants every driver to do it once so they know the procedure incase the deliveries come up in the future. I know that is thinking too much into it but what else would be the reason?

And for some of your comments about getting a false claim, just do not set yourself up for that. I would always text the customer right away and let them know that I am on my way and that I will be unable to leave the order and that a signature will be required. Simple. A customer or much more reluctant to report they didn't receive the order when they know the driver is on them about procedure. I also act like I am taking a picture of the house with them at the door when they are looking. I do not actually take the picture but I make it look like I am. I have had no issues.

I really do not want to do Apple orders but if it is not busy, I may consider it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts