Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm doing this as a part time gig to earn extra money to help support myself. I wanted to know if anyone had a list of FAQs they can point me to for drivers.

It seemed like most of the requests came in right around rush hour (5pm-6pm). I had 3 within an hour. I sporadically logged on throughout the night and while somewhat slow, it picked up later on. I actually had 6 requests in a night. I didn't take them because I wanted to see what it was about. I accidentally took one at 12:30am as it was accepted when I "swiped" my phone as it popped up, not a double tap. To "Jessica", I am sorry for cancelling your request within 10 seconds but it was late for me!

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Hi Dan. I live in Hillsborough. Nice to see another Uber driver in this area. I've been driving full time since April, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to help you any way I can. I can tell you from experience that Somerville/Bridgewater/Raritan is hopping on Friday and Saturday nights, so if that's when you plan on being out, you should do pretty well. Have fun and good luck!

Reactions: Nagodesi

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Dan. I live in Hillsborough. Nice to see another Uber driver in this area. I've been driving full time since April, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to help you any way I can. I can tell you from experience that Somerville/Bridgewater/Raritan is hopping on Friday and Saturday nights, so if that's when you plan on being out, you should do pretty well. Have fun and good luck!
That's hysterical, I live near you! Yeah a lot of my friends use Uber when I can drive their drunk butts home for free so I said "Hmmm, why not!" I'm sure we'll run into each other soon! Cheers!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome Dan, I'm in Franklin Twp, I work the Princeton, The Brunswicks, and Rutgers Students :) Welcome aboard, it gee to see fellow neighbors come aboard.. I can help any way I can .. Try to keep your phone off if your not going to go on any pick-ups, try not to miss to many, Uber will hold it against you.. I use the passenger app to see if their is a surge and how many cars are in the area.. also don't run after a surge, half them are fake and run by uber to get more drivers to a particular area.. Good luck buddy.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
That's hysterical, I live in the same town! Yeah a lot of my friends use Uber when I can drive their drunk butts home for free so I said "Hmmm, why not!" I'm sure we'll run into each other soon! Cheers!
That would be great! I look forward to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts