Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for Uber a couple of weeks ago and since I signed up it seems that my life is so hectic. I work at Cleveland Hopkins airport so the thought of making a big of extra $$$ is appealing. I finally accepted my first ping today. I was so excited. I had to drive from Cleveland Hopkins airport to Middleburg Heights. Approximately 5-8 miles. The customer called my phone to confirm her exact location. This was helpful. Do most passengers do this? Should I call the customer to see where they want to go before I drive 10 miles to find out they want to go 2 miles. When I picked up my passenger I selected the option to start fare (can't recall the exact verbiage). Somehow my i-phone showed that the ride had ended once I began the trip. Since it was my first passenger I didn't want to disservice the customer. I explained that I was a new driver and that she was my first passenger. I didn't know how to restart the trip so my 1st customer was taken approximately 8 miles for $4.00. The passenger informed me that I had charged her $4.00. I am not sure what the heck I did wrong or how to restart a trip if you end it in error. I sent a message to uber support explaining my issue.

If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. I wish I knew what I did wrong. Feeling discouraged in Medina.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just send Uber an email with the pickup and drop off location - (referencing the trip number) and the approximate time it took.

They are quite good at making these adjustments when the app goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,103 Posts
While you're new and learning how to use the app do not let the fact that you are nervous rush you into tapping or swiping the screen. You have to read every option and know what you are doing. Do not double-tap anything on the screen - give it a second to register your instructions.... this isn't Windows on your home computer. RELAX - it will all be second nature to you soon enough.

·
Premium Member
8,103 Posts
BTW - you didn't charge the rider $4 - Uber did.
You have no control over the fare.
AND
You didn't "make $4".
That was the total fare (in this case, the minimum fare) charged to the rider.
You MADE $2.40.

Fare = $4
- $1 'Safe Rider Fee' charge by and paid to Uber
= $3.00
- $.060 Uber Fee ($3.00 X 20%)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Earnings = $2.40​

Altima is correct...
just write to Uber ([email protected]) and ask them to correct the fare.
Give them the TRIP #
the pick-up time...
the pick-up location, the drop-off location
and it will be helpful if you can give them the travel time and mileage
(use google maps to figure that out)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts