Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been driving for about a week and been doing ok to start. i had my first non 5star rating on my 30th trip. so this is what happened.

i pick up a couple that was going out to dinner. or maybe they were friends but you can tell that the dude was into the chick. so we riding, talk a little, the guy put his music on etc. the chick had a cool sense of humor and was open. so she ask what else i do i tell her and this interests her. in a sense she shifts alot of attention to me and in my head im like "awe man. this will not be a 5 star ride" because i knew he called the uber.

so we talking hes just quite. after a min i was like "maybe i should shut up" because she started throwing underhand pitches that, had it been a different set up, she would of got bagged(she was very pretty). so i give her my ig and leave it at that. get to the place, drop off, leave. sure enough that was my first non 5 star.

*conclusion*

she followed me on ig, we talked, exchanged info and were going to get in contact next time shes in mia. or if i ever go to canada lol.

how many rides did you get to before you seen that 5 drop to a 4.97? can you pin point why you felt it happened?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't worry - it'll happen a lot and there's nothing you can do about it. Some pax really have no clue how this all works, yet they're able to rate you. I had a ride last week where the lady asked me if I'd mind stopping at Publix on the way home and waiting 10-15 minutes. Really? I told her that she'd need to request a new ride when she was finished, and she wasn't happy. No doubt she was my non 5-star rating that night.

Also, Uber doesn't explain the rating system to new pax, so on a normal (non-Uber) scale of 1-5, 4 would be Very Good, instead of the Uber scale where 4 means Crap.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had a lady tell me to wait for her nany atnpiblix told her im not a taxi and cannot wait for her she reported it as refused destination

·
Registered
982 Posts
I can track most of my less than 5 star ratings to entitled ******bags. Don't sweat it. Most people rate 5 anyway. If people bring up ratings I tell them how it really is, as well as if they have any complaints, concerns, or feedback to please tell me so I can do better in the future. They're receptive to this as I tell them a less than 5 star review gives me nothing to base my performance on.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
i been driving for about a week and been doing ok to start. i had my first non 5star rating on my 30th trip. so this is what happened.

i pick up a couple that was going out to dinner. or maybe they were friends but you can tell that the dude was into the chick. so we riding, talk a little, the guy put his music on etc. the chick had a cool sense of humor and was open. so she ask what else i do i tell her and this interests her. in a sense she shifts alot of attention to me and in my head im like "awe man. this will not be a 5 star ride" because i knew he called the uber.

so we talking hes just quite. after a min i was like "maybe i should shut up" because she started throwing underhand pitches that, had it been a different set up, she would of got bagged(she was very pretty). so i give her my ig and leave it at that. get to the place, drop off, leave. sure enough that was my first non 5 star.

*conclusion*

she followed me on ig, we talked, exchanged info and were going to get in contact next time shes in mia. or if i ever go to canada lol.

how many rides did you get to before you seen that 5 drop to a 4.97? can you pin point why you felt it happened?
First night I got a 2☆ 4 trips, 3 5s and a 2.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can track most of my less than 5 star ratings to entitled ******bags. Don't sweat it. Most people rate 5 anyway. If people bring up ratings I tell them how it really is, as well as if they have any complaints, concerns, or feedback to please tell me so I can do better in the future. They're receptive to this as I tell them a less than 5 star review gives me nothing to base my performance on.
thats not a bad idea.

·
Registered
306 Posts
How do you know the stars after every pax?
You can't, especially if you've been driving a few days in a row. The pax have 3 days to rate a ride, and it's not unusual at all for me to have more rated rides on a night than I gave. You have no idea which rating goes with which customer. And I believe they delay the ratings postings intentionally, so you can't start *****ing at a pax that you just dropped off. I've seen many pax get out, immediately do something on their phone, but my number of rated calls doesn't change for several hours afterwards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts