Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished first night with the new auto-add on uberpool. Can't use Waze for navigation. 10 passengers...not 1 "5 star"....and I have (had) a 4.95 rating. Not touching pool again. All those pool folks were angry about the extra pick ups.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't want to jinx myself but I haven't been autofooled yet. Picked up one fool yesterday evening, and the app kept beeping to get me to accept another one. Of course I didn't. Must have ignored at least 3 and didn't get a warning or time out. I usually get one or the other. Maybe I will get a naughty boy email today.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah tried the auto add......this is the most dangerous thing they could've done....Uber did not think it out, I predict several accidents with this now. Another thing I noticed was several cancellations,several map adjustments,several times going in a cicle to pickup only to get canceled ....the worst is now you have no control to pick the surge pool rides after the first pickup. ....pool is officially out for me not worth the frustration or headache.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
After I updated the app last night, first 5 pings I rec'd were UPs. Never happened to me in burbs before. Of course all 5 have been ignored. Lost about an hour but in the end got Xs only.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are we uber employees now? As an independent contractor i should have control over which pings i take based on surge amount, rating and other factors.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
Why can't you use Waze and did the pax express why they were angry? They can't be mad when they choose pool, adding people to their ride is how pool works
Uber locks the nav to its app.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why can't you use Waze and did the pax express why they were angry? They can't be mad when they choose pool, adding people to their ride is how pool works
Just random comments like "we HAVE to pick up someone else?" I did my best to explain that drivers no longer have an option. I didn't have much sympathy, after all, that's what they are agreeing to by choosing pool. I think there's going to be an adjustment period for pax...not sure I want to take the rating hit while they do though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I usually try to accept one pool as a quota filler. Yesterday's pool matched me with three people and took me an hour. Resulting earnings $7
With incentives $12. How is this good for us? And the Uber nav app is horrible beyond belief

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Just random comments like "we HAVE to pick up someone else?" I did my best to explain that drivers no longer have an option. I didn't have much sympathy, after all, that's what they are agreeing to by choosing pool. I think there's going to be an adjustment period for pax...not sure I want to take the rating hit while they do though.
Thanks for the answer. Yes I'm sure it's news to them that we no longer have the option to reject, but pax taking a pool ride shouldn't even be worrying about that, not their place. Seems like they be asking drivers to reject so they can get a cheap ride by themselves. These type pax are the worst

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
I usually try to accept one pool as a quota filler. Yesterday's pool matched me with three people and took me an hour. Resulting earnings $7
With incentives $12. How is this good for us? And the Uber nav app is horrible beyond belief
An hour of wait and pickup fee pays $7 without going anywhere. How many miles total for picking up and dropping off people?

·
Registered
227 Posts
total miles = 2.5
in rush hr isn't ideal.
Picking pax going to Arlington takes less than 10 minutes and nets you $8

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Wow

·
Registered
242 Posts
I only take pool if 1) I am going for hourly guarantees or 2) it's a high surge.

If you take the first pool rider and reject add-ons you are then rewarding that pax for being a cheap-ass and causing problems for every driver who picks him up later. If you are going to accept pool take the additional riders so they don't think they can get X service at pool rates.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you take the first pool rider and reject add-ons you are then rewarding that pax for being a cheap-ass and causing problems for every driver who picks him up later. If you are going to accept pool take the additional riders so they don't think they can get X service at pool rates.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts