Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep it like this guys, stay home, reject pings, be mad at uber, etc, today was better than yesterday, and without you guys it could be a lot better, 302 on my meter, not counting 9 dollars in taxes, airport fee , etc, plus 98 in tips, total of 222 for the day. We can all coexist but not all of us will make money,

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Keep it like this guys, stay home, reject pings, be mad at uber, etc, today was better than yesterday, and without you guys it could be a lot better, 302 on my meter, not counting 9 dollars in taxes, airport fee , etc, plus 98 in tips, total of 222 for the day. We can all coexist but not all of us will make money,
You really shouldn't post SS of earnings..now your cab company will know who you are lol j/k

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You really shouldn't post SS of earnings..now your cab company will know who you are lol j/k
So what, at the yard there's a lot of cars with the airport sticker, that means they do uber too, I don't drive for uber, I make them money, as soon as I don't make them money, they'll kick my a$$ good bye, lol , calm down. Relax, I'm ok.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
W
I'm confused? So is 222 a good day for a cab driver? Lower than I would have thought I guess.
well, without you guys, it could have been like at least 80 more on the meter and or 42 more for me, but you guys are here, better than nothing, it's like 20 bucks an hour.

·
Registered
484 Posts
So what, at the yard there's a lot of cars with the airport sticker, that means they do uber too, I don't drive for uber, I make them money, as soon as I don't make them money, they'll kick my a$$ good bye, lol , calm down. Relax, I'm ok.
lol I was being sarcastic. I know youll be okay

·
Registered
131 Posts
You must be so proud making $18 hr on a Friday.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More like $15/hr unless he gets free gas and doesnt pay a trip sheet charge. And if he works at ycs probably in the 40% level so even less. But it is strange someone is proud of those numbers.
Yes, I get free CNG , and that's after trip sheet, so it's close to an 20 hr, and I get 41 and a half, but it's ok, you guys make more money than all of us poor taxi drivers, we are suffering right now, oh wait, I can have my a/c full blast, text, watch videos, post here etc, please help us, and the best thing, I don't have to move a finger to fix this cab, what are you going to do when your car brakes down, call Travis, lol. Give it a few more months buddy, it will happen, lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, I get free CNG , and that's after trip sheet, so it's close to an 20 hr, and I get 41 and a half, but it's ok, you guys make more money than all of us poor taxi drivers, we are suffering right now, oh wait, I can have my a/c full blast, text, watch videos, post here etc, please help us, and the best thing, I don't have to move a finger to fix this cab, what are you going to do when your car brakes down, call Travis, lol. Give it a few more months buddy, it will happen, lol.
My car is under warranty so if it breaks down I will get it fixed. Once the warranty expires I will trade it in and get another car. I know it must be hard for you as a cab driver to understand. Most of you dont even have your own car or if you do it is a 15 year old junker.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
W
My car is under warranty so if it breaks down I will get it fixed. Once the warranty expires I will trade it in and get another car. I know it must be hard for you as a cab driver to understand. Most of you dont even have your own car or if you do it is a 15 year old junker.
Good for you with the insurance, not everybody has it, my only concern would be if they really honor the warranty if they knew you use the car for business, and I have a 2014 grandcaravan, but be happy man,

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
W

Good for you with the insurance, not everybody has it, my only concern would be if they really honor the warranty if they knew you use the car for business, and I have a 2014 grandcaravan, but be happy man,
I definitely wouldn't recommend ride share with a Dodge. Now it makes sense why you can't do ride share.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
W

You can moonlight as a XL, but probably won't last to long because you can't buy a new car, you had to buy a rental. In my opinion, is just as bad as buying a used taxi. You probably won't last long coz here ratings matter, and you really sound like a bitter old man who's stuck doing cab, not because you want to, like the life long ambition of Dan, but because it was all you could do.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can moonlight as a XL, but probably won't last to long because you can't buy a new car, you had to buy a rental. In my opinion, is just as bad as buying a used taxi. You probably won't last long coz here ratings matter, and you really sound like a bitter old man who's stuck doing cab, not because you want to, like the life long ambition of Dan, but because it was all you could do.
No, no and no, I don't want to do tnc, ( right now) I'm ok , and I don't think I'm a bitter old man, I don't know if 75 or more a day in tips it's ok for you, but for me it's working now, I talk to my customers all the time and that makes them happy, here is a little example of only one ride today. If I work 5 days in one week I know I'll make almost 400 in tips. I choose not to work at night, less creepy people.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow everyone! We are on the same team and live in the same town. There is plenty of work for everyone. And most Uber/Lyft drivers would be kidding themselves thinking they are making more money than a cab driver. Most rideshare drivers have no clue how to run a business and understand thier deductions they need to be subtracting from thier earnings. 75% of rideshare are making $10 or less if they do the math right. The other 25% are the ones that do the math right, know when to drive, how long to drive, where to drive, when to turn the app off, when to turn the app on and the biggest on of all is when not to drive!!!! At least rideshare can drive whenever unlike a cab. But cab jobs are thier full time jobs. Unlike rideshare and if it is your full time job I hope you know what you are doing!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Man I really hope you know what you are doing! Buying or leasing is costly with upfront payments, taxes or interest. And not including depreciation or addional mileage cost if your leasing. But if your making $s after paying taxes, licensing, insurance, gas, routine maintenance cost, and car or lease payments (factoring in your down payment with interest and depreciation). Hats off to you making $50 an hour Ubering!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts