Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete and utter n00b here sitting by the side of the road wondering "now what". I'm in a rural area and set out on my first day. Got a fare/ping/whatever within 10 min of going on line and it was only minutes away. " Fantastic " I thought, "maybe this will work after all". I get to the address and even though these are high end homes, there is no cell service! I click " arrived" and it just spun, trying to connect. I go to the door and no one there knows a thing. No one by the name given. I had to drive a mile or so to get service and then reboot my phone to get the app to stop trying to "arrive". Now what? How do I report that there was no one there? How do I know I'm not in trouble or still committed to that fare?

Sorry but this is all new to me.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Collect $5 and keep moving.

Reactions: Optimus Uber

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Complete and utter n00b here sitting by the side of the road wondering "now what". I'm in a rural area and set out on my first day. Got a fare/ping/whatever within 10 min of going on line and it was only minutes away. " Fantastic " I thought, "maybe this will work after all". I get to the address and even though these are high end homes, there is no cell service! I click " arrived" and it just spun, trying to connect. I go to the door and no one there knows a thing. No one by the name given. I had to drive a mile or so to get service and then reboot my phone to get the app to stop trying to "arrive". Now what? How do I report that there was no one there? How do I know I'm not in trouble or still committed to that fare?

Sorry but this is all new to me.
When you get to a cell service area hit the bar on right side select cancel & wrong address shown. Collect $5.00 & move on down the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies but I never had an option to do that. I lucked out I guess and caught an airport run so I guess I'm not locked in. Is there some place that can show me how to better work the app?

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
New driver & probably new PAX that did not notice the address they locked in on or requested to. Also plenty of times GPS sends you to the street directly behind them, especially when it's just a small yard with a fence.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Thanks for the replies but I never had an option to do that. I lucked out I guess and caught an airport run so I guess I'm not locked in. Is there some place that can show me how to better work the app?
When are you attending your onboarding class? They go through the app in detail for half a day during it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was on the street given so that's not on my end. I've not heard of any classes, you'd think it would be in the flood of texts they send you. Where do I find one? Or am I being played? ;-)

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
When are you attending your onboarding class? They go through the app in detail for half a day during it.
You must live in a different city than me, haha!!! Are you serious?? On boarding class or is that your scarcasm??

I signed up, a phone showed up two days later. I turned it on, picked people up and dropped them off

Maybe that's my new business adventure. I'll give classes to new drivers for $50 a head on how to use the app

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ohhhh! You got burned by the app on day one! That's a bummer man.

Reactions: Uber-Doober

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I was on the street given so that's not on my end. I've not heard of any classes, you'd think it would be in the flood of texts they send you. Where do I find one? Or am I being played? ;-)
Best advice I can give you, trial and error. All I ever received from uber was links to some training videos that were outdated.

Take the training wheels off and just peddle. You'll end up with some scrapes and bruises. But they will heal. Just remember, keep a smile on your face. If you mess up, accept responsibility for it, don't make stupid excuses, people respond better when you take responsibility for your mistakes.

Yes, I made a mistake, my apologies, it was unintentional and I am fixing it now, please forgive me.

That one works good. ^^^^^

Love saying bullshit like that, instead of saying, you ****in side tracked me by talking to me so much and you made me screw up.

That one doesn't work so well. ^^^^

Ok that's your first lesson. We all make mistakes. Passengers won't destroy your ranking if they feel you are sincere. This is why this is a great gig for actors, you can pretend they care

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Wow. You guys really missed out. For my onboarding class they put my up in a Marriott for two nights and gave me $75 in per diem for meals. Also got to expense the travel miles. My teacher was awesome. Good times.
Haha!!

I won the raffle for the Prius. Lucky me.

Thanks for the follow up. Had me wondering for a bit. Did I miss out on the swag bag

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Keep track of your time and miles when you have app issues. Sometimes it takes a mile or so down the road before it goes on. You can either tell the rider that you will end the ride in "X minutes and X miles" after drop off or contact Uber by hitting the "Need Help" button for that ride. This happens to everyone .

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yeah, is that a joke? No class in Houston that I know of. I didn't even get told there were videos. After the first month when I found out it seemed pointless to watch them.
For us in OC, they put us up in the Disneyland hotel. Our class was just a meet and greet on Saturday night totally catered and then 10AM-2PM of videos and talks. They served a buffet breakfast and then took us all to Downtown Disney to a private restaurant they had set up just for the 50 Uber drivers. First class all the way!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm new too but one of the things I've noticed is Uber Drivers check out their competition. I was pinged by another Uber driver. No address just a street corner. (I won't go to street corners again unless it's a few minutes away). Anyway, went on the Uber customer app and there he was, in front of his house waitng for his ping.
At least I collected $5 for no show ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts