Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been interesting to be sure.

I enjoy meeting all the riders and like talking to them.
I like the unpredictability of the destinations.
I'm getting a much better knowledge of the greater Philadelphia area by driving people around.

Money:
Not good, averaging less than $10/hr after expenses I'd say. I like driving, I like the people and I would rather do this than work retail or something for the same money. I like the weekly pay periods.

Car:
Nobody cares what you drive as long as it's clean, reliable and gets them to their destination. I drive a 14 year old Toyota with 145K miles on it. Driving a newer car is probably a mistake for UberX anyway.

Strangest trips so far:
Picked up a dad in West Chester and dropped off at Firefly festifval in Dover, DE. His son didn't feel like he coiuld drive home on his own.

Last night - Pretty sure I picked up a hooker in KOP and drove her to Bucks county. Whole thing was very shady.

Long trips: - great money makers, but you still have to dead head home unless you want to hang out a couple of hours from home and possibly have to get even further away.

Surge: What surge? Why do idiots drive towards the surge like lemmings? As soon as you do that you kill the surge. Much better to predict future surges and position yourself correctly to take advantage. I love watching them on the passenger app racing towards the surge areas, it's pretty amusing.

Other Uber drivers: Too many of you ****ers, why do eight of you camp out during the day in West Chester borough?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I liked reading your post. Seems pretty accurate. What areas do you frequent ? I'm closer to Wayne, which seems either full of short rides and sometimes dead. And NO i choose not to do night, or late night bar runs etc I'm only part time so i'll pick my hours and take the risk that comes with it. I often get requests ususallyt for short rides from Villanova students when school is in.
Occasionally get take me to work rides from locals. And if i happen to get any ride that takes me in range of West Chester University, then i seem to get an ongoing string of $5 local rides there too. Not always back to back by the way. And now that schools out, and people are at the jersey shore, i feel things are slower. And Lyft is even worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts