Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my market the TNC regs require drivers to have a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in the car.

Picked up 3 pax and one says she needs to use my first aid kit. I said first aid kit? She says yes, the one that all drivers are REQUIRED to have in their vehicles.

??

At this point my mind goes in about 6 directions all at once.

- Is someone bleeding? Better not get any blood or other fluids in my car!
- How would you know that is required? Are you a driver? Former driver? In which case, why the heck are you letting the overly drunk obnoxious one sit up front with me?
- Are you a regulator? Or a cop? Am I about to get a surprise audit?
- Is someone seriously injured? There is this thing called an ambulance, and the people on them know a LOT more about first aid than I ever will.
- If you raid my first aid kit for some drunk school prank, then I won't have one until I can get it replaced on Monday (or go buy one), not cool.

She had sliced her toe on something. No blood, she wanted an antiseptic wipe and a bandaid.

On a side note, I sold a pair of sunglasses someone left in my car 2 weeks ago to the drunk up front for $20.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
So you did or didn’t have one?

What was the result with pax?

I feel like having and proving a first aid kit is kind of a big deal.

Not sure I would do it even if required in my market.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Picked up 3 pax and one says she needs to use my first aid kit. I said first aid kit? She says yes, the one that all drivers are REQUIRED to have in their vehicles.
What's the issue?

Oh I'm sorry but the first aid kit is only for issues that arise inside this vehicle during the course of the ride. I'm prevented by my insurance from providing medical assistance for issues which arose outside of the vehicle.

I can drop you off at the nearest urgent care facility fifteen miles away though. Would you like me to do that?

I think it's cheeky as hell to ask a service industry type, hell anyone really, to cover the cost of caring for your medical issues you incurred somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave it to her, of course. Oddly enough I picked them up at a 7-11. Doesn't 7-11 sell bandaids?

Once I recognized it was just some drunks and no blood I started assuming it was for some dumb prank or scavenger hunt, and it would put me out of a medical kit until the following week.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
In my market the TNC regs require drivers to have a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in the car.
IF that's true, that's a really stupid regulation -- a first aid kit that would be totally useless for anything beyond a scratch, and a fire extinguisher that would encourage the driver to put THEMSELVES in harm's way, rather than be useful.

Medical, crime, and fire issues are what 9-1-1 is for.

We do appreciate your selfless service to the community with the sunglasses sale, however. Good job!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.