Uber Drivers Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
1952 Siata 300BC Barchetta
2,501 Posts
It's interesting. I rarely drive for Lyft, less than 2k trips. I open the app one day and I have a complaint about my driving and "bad customer experience" or something like that, with threats of deactivation.
They're just ridiculous with the threats. If you cancel one trip, bang, they say you're in danger of being deactivated. Or you hit the ARRIVE button -- which THEY make pop up, not the driver -- when you're 5 feet further away then they think you should be, they accuse you of causing the rider to be overcharged.

·
Premium Member
6,701 Posts
They're just ridiculous with the threats. If you cancel one trip, bang, they say you're in danger of being deactivated. Or you hit the ARRIVE button -- which THEY make pop up, not the driver -- when you're 5 feet further away then they think you should be, they accuse you of causing the rider to be overcharged.
What I can't figure out is why they paid me $200 for doing three trips on one hand, then (for the first time ever), start threatening me with deactivation.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
View attachment 598758

7 years and, apparently, 5,130 rides since I gave my first Lyft ride, I have been fired by the Pink Ones. All I can say is that I am surprised I lasted as long as I did!

A point I have been making all along here is it doesn't matter how much "tenure" you have with these gig outfits, or how much work you have done for them, or how good your ratings are - any of us can be done at any time, with no notice, for any reason (or no reason). The longer you do this "gig", the more it becomes a question of "when", not "if".

Fortunately I had already planned my exit from full time rideshare by replacing Uber and Lyft with a proper job.

Just putting this out there - be prepared!
Hey Fish, sorry to hear about that. I join Uber in 2014 and was deactivated July 4, 2019 at 9pm (while driving), 17,000+ rides, 4.98*. It kind of pisses you off at first, you gave them your all and they give you the shaft. I never really got any answer from Checkr®, but whatever it was, never seemed to bother Lyft. Still not sure if I will go back to driving after the Pandemic...

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 598758

7 years and, apparently, 5,130 rides since I gave my first Lyft ride, I have been fired by the Pink Ones. All I can say is that I am surprised I lasted as long as I did!

A point I have been making all along here is it doesn't matter how much "tenure" you have with these gig outfits, or how much work you have done for them, or how good your ratings are - any of us can be done at any time, with no notice, for any reason (or no reason). The longer you do this "gig", the more it becomes a question of "when", not "if".

Fortunately I had already planned my exit from full time rideshare by replacing Uber and Lyft with a proper job.

Why did you drive for so long? You have only yourself to blame. Happy you found a better job.

·
Premium Member
11,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Seriously, what's going on with these "new members" / socks?

I blinked and apparently that's the new issue around here.
I must admit, I preferred the old trolls who at least had something witty, sharp or funny to say in their pot shots and put-downs. This new breed of troll is just dull; there's no originality.

🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
View attachment 598758

you received numerous "warnings" ... so after 5000 plus rides you became a dick?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I hate Lyft so much that I have been messaging the pax in-app and specifically telling them to cancel and order an Uber. Somehow they haven't deactivated me... yet!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Maybe. I've pretty much had enough of Lyft, though, anyway.

I did get an email from them this afternoon telling me that they had received a "concerning report" that I was driving drunk and was racially and sexually abusive to a pax in a threatening manner. Quite how one would be racially and sexually abusive to someone in a non-threatening manner, I have no idea.

I don't know about the next man, but if I were to make a false report against a driver, I would not throw everything including the kitchen sink, the kitchen and the entire house into the complaint. It just makes it less credible, I would think. The only thing that the offending pax could have added to his/her complaint would be that I refused his/her service dog and then called it gay.

I'm probably not going to dignify Lyft's email with a response.
reading your responses, you just started acting stupid, didn't wise up and got deactivated.. You're the one trolling

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I hate Lyft so much that I have been messaging the pax in-app and specifically telling them to cancel and order an Uber. Somehow they haven't deactivated me... yet!
As now a freed slave I can definitely say I hate them both. It's like choosing between crap and crap. Both share everything about you so don't think one is better than other.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
View attachment 598758

You're a 5.0? All those complaints and you nobody down rated you .... Whatever, tell us the real reason

61 - 75 of 75 Posts